RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA
- LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2010, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p12
The article provides an overview of the political, economic, and business risks in Latvia for 2010 and beyond, which involve confidence of Prime Minster Valdis Dombrovskis on election polls, decline of current account surplus, and governmental efforts to increase dividend payouts.
- LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Sep2009, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p11
The article reports on the political and economic risks of Latvia. The government continues to be troubled by an emergency acquisition of the ailing Parex Bank. The finance ministry announced an investigation for allegations of bumper salaries for employees and special lay-off compensation...
- Program Of Reform Brings Pain And Gain. Wright, Gilly // Global Finance;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 27 Issue 7/8, p6
The article reports on the efforts of Latvian prime minister Valdis Dombrovskis in taking the country away from bankruptcy and a bailout toward macroeconomic equilibrium and stable growth.
- Political Conditions. // Latvia Country Review;2011, p10
The article provides an overview of the political conditions in Latvia, with details on the leadership of Prime Minister Valdis Birkavs in the 1990s and how Prime Minister Valdis Dombrovskis restored political stability in 2009.
- LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p12
The article offers news briefs in Latvia including the political risk, economic risk and business.
- LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;
The article reports on the political, economic, and business environment risks in Latvia including the need to cut social spending of the government which was indicated by the finance ministry, the unemployment rate which decreased to 19.4 percent during the second quarter of 2010, and the...
- Latvia: 2014 Country Review. Youngblood Coleman, Denise // Latvia Country Review;7/1/2014, preceding p1
The article presents the 2014 issue of the journal "CountryWatch Country Review" that highlights the demographic, political, socio-cultural, environmental and investment information of Latvia including its national security, government spending and stock market.
- Partner Links. // Latvia Country Review;2011, p126
The article lists the international and regional partners who have contributed in giving economic and political information related to Latvia including Center for International Business Studies, Asian Country Information, and Business News Americas.
- Country Overview. // Latvia Country Review;2012, p1
The article offers information on the political and economic conditions in Latvia including its independence from foreign dominion from Russia, implementation of a comprehensive economic reform, and the worsening economic crisis which triggered an unprecedented riot.