Debt-Deflationary Spiral Risk
- Consumer Prices On The Move. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Feb2011, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p12
The article focuses on the inflation of consumer prices in Latvia in 2011 after suffering from deflation in 2010. It states that broader stabilization in economic conditions result to the return to consumer price growth of food and energy-related products. It states the role of European Central...
- Latvia's inflation remains unchanged in December. // Regional Today;01/10/2013, p1
The article focuses on the data released by the Central Statistical Bureau which shows that consumer price inflation in Latvia has remained unchanged in December 2012.
- Latvia's producer price inflation slows in October. // Regional Today;11/25/2013, p1
The article reports that producer price inflation in Latvia slowed to 1.2 percent in October 2013 from 1.5 percent in September of the same year, according to the Central Statistical Bureau in Riga, Latvia.
- Latvia's inflation rises in April. // Regional Today;5/13/2014, p1
The article reports on the increase in consumer price inflation in Latvia in April 2014.
- Latvia May inflation eases slightly. // Regional Today;6/10/2014, p1
The article reports that the consumer price inflation in Latvia eased in May 2014, with a 0.6% growth year-on-year, after a rise in April 2014.
- Consumer Price Index. // Baltic States Country Profile;2007, p55
Two charts are presented depicting the consumer price index inflation in Latvia from 2001-2006.
- Inflationary Pressures To Remain A Risk. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Sep2008, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p11
This article presents an outlook on the economy of Latvia, as of September 2008. Inflation in the country declined for the first time in 13 months to 17.7% year-on-year in June which was caused by a slow down in aggregate price growth in the goods subcomponent of the consumer price basket. It is...
- Latvia producer price inflation eases in March. // Regional Today;4/24/2014, p1
The article reports that the producer price inflation of Latvia slowed in March 2014 after accelerating in February 2014 according to a state released by the Central Statistical Bureau in Riga, Latvia, wherein producer prices in Latvia reduced by 0.2 percent in March 2014.
- Inflation To Ease On Moderating Growth. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2012, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p12
The article presents an economic outlook of Latvia for 2012. It forecasts that the country's economic growth will slow in 2012, given that the external climate has become less supportive of economic expansion. It projects that consumer price inflation will average to 4.8% in 2012 based on the...