Carriers Brandish New Strategies In Battle For Subscribers
- Carrier marketing centers on wireless data world. // RCR;08/14/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 33, p16
Looks into the trend among telecommunication carriers of focusing their marketing strategies on wireless data.
- M2M module market to grow. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;9/11/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p12
The article reports that shipments of machine-to-machine (M2M) modules are projected to more than triple by the end of the decade, particularly those modules that connect to a network of nodes via short-range wireless technologies such as Wi-Fi or Zigbee, according to ABI Research. And that is...
- Wireless Metrics. // RCR Wireless News;2/14/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p30
Presents data on the performance of the wireless communication industry in the stock market from February 4 to 10, 2005. Stock performance of telecommunication carriers and vendors; Market share of wireless companies.
- AT&T, McCaw merger unites wireline, wireless worlds. Titch, Steven // Telephony;8/23/93, Vol. 225 Issue 8, p8
Discusses corporate merger of AT&T and McCaw Cellular Communications Company. Largest merger in telecommunications industry; Synergy of wireline and wireless communication systems; Market share of cellular subscription; Equal access of regional holding companies in long-distance carriers...
- Wireless Telecommunication Services Industry Profile: Europe. // Wireless Telecommunication Services Industry Profile: Europe;Nov2011, p1
The article analyzes the wireless telecommunication services industry in Europe. It relates the 0.5% decline in value of the market in 2010. The European wireless telecommunication services market is expected to grow by 8.5% in year 2015. Vodafone has emerged as the leading player in the...
- Nextel: walkie-talkies make a comeback. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;April 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p13
Reports on the increase in the revenue of Nextel Communications Inc. a wireless communication operator in the U.S. Net profit of the firm for the fourth quarter; Services of the company; Growth of market share in the competitive wireless marketplace.
- EV-DO connections to exceed 34m. // Wireless Asia;Apr2006, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p10
The article reports on the expected increase in the number of cdma2000 Evolution-Data Optimized (EV-DO) connections in both U.S. and Canada by the end of 2006. Most EV-DO connections are still in Asia-Pacific region, according to Wireless Intelligence. However, its 90 percent accounting...
- Wireless Metrics. // RCR Wireless News;12/27/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 52, p22
Presents statistics on the performance of the wireless telecommunications industry in the stock market from December 15 to 22, 2004. Stock performance of telecommunication carriers and vendors; Market share of wireless companies.
- Nokia begins to fight back. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;6/21/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the release of several cellular telephones from Nokia to regain its market share as of June 21, 2004. Features of the wireless phones; Problems encountered by the company; Benefits offered by the wireless phones.