Spreading Like Wildfire
- OPEN THE A INTERFACE. Crowe, David // Wireless Review;12/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p28
Presents information on the A interface in wireless communication systems. How telecommunication carriers in various parts of the world view the development of standards for the A interface; Impact of the changes in radio interfaces on the A interface; Forecast on the use of the A interface in...
- Groups Push Rival Multimodal Technologies. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;9/23/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 34, p23
Reports on the proposed application of multimodal user interface technologies in wireless communication systems. Importance of the evolution of devices and applications; Outlook for smart user interface technologies; Definition and specification of the technology published by Speech Application...
- The Look and Feel of Tomorrow. Attwell, Karen // Wireless Design & Development;Nov2000, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p74
Focuses on user interfaces for next-generation wireless devices. General parameters for man-machine interface design; Importance of interactivity, mobility and affordability; Predictive text input; Development of an interface that accommodates customization.
- Wireless IT Progress Report. Lowenstein, Mark // Wireless Week;10/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p45
Presents a progress report concerning the use of wireless information technology in the U.S., as of October 2004. Progress made in the enterprise and large deployments sector; State of carrier leadership on mobile data; Overview of user interface improvements.
- New GUI Tools Enable Wireless Applications. Yampel, Todres; Eskenazi, Steve // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;04/16/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 16, p19
Focuses on the use of graphical user interface (GUI) tools in enabling wireless insurance applications. Benefit of the technology for the insurance business; Factors influencing the growth of wireless insurance applications; Problems with the approach; Feature of host-to-wireless devices.
- Tackling The Human Interface. Drucker, Elliot // Wireless Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p50
Focuses on the design of user interfaces for wireless Internet access. Voice interface created by Motorola Inc.; Factors that block the inclusion of user interfaces in wireless devices; Challenges faced by wireless Internet.
- Tech Tips for Every Librarian. west, jessamyn // Computers in Libraries;Dec2013, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p26
The article presents an explanation of where information providers or librarians can go to help people solve some of the issues on their own or with their assistance regarding iOS 7, an operating system for Apple's mobile devices. It offers options for getting how-to-guides ranging from...
- Converting applications for wireless access. Yampel, Todres; Eskenazi, Steve // American City & County;Jun2001, Vol. 116 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the conversion of the United States government applications and information to wireless access devices. Benefits of graphic user interface (GUI) tools to various government entities; Features of GUI tools; Process of customizing government applications for wireless devices.
- Optimizing Wireless Communication for Ophthalmic Surgical Instrument Using Design for Six Sigma (DfSS) Methodology. FERRYANTO, LIEM; FUNG, EDITH W. // Software Quality Professional;Sep2015, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p29
This article presents an application of the Design for Six Sigma (DfSS) methodology for optimizing the design of a tablet-based app that serves as a central graphical user interface program to interface with a phacoemulsification instrument used in ophthalmology surgery. DfSS methodology...