AWS Bridges Gap In California
- San Francisco: AT&T's Next Target? Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;08/09/99, Vol. 5 Issue 32, p1
Reports that the drive of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. to create cross-country coverage for its Digital One Rate has a fundamental gap in San Francisco, California. Implications of AT&T Wireless' co-ownership of Cellular One of San Francisco; Impact of the potential partnership between Vodafone...
- Wireless Online. // Wireless Week;03/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p76
Provides information on several telecommunication Web sites in the United States reviewed by the `Wireless Week' periodical. Criteria used in the review; Features and contents of the Web sites; AT&T Wireless; CellularOne; Nextel Communications.
- Suppliers Feel Merger's Holding Pattern. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;10/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p21
Deals with the implication of the AT&T Wireless/Cingular Wireless merger for wireless equipment gear vendors in the U.S., as of October 2004. Factors that have put significant pressure on the quarter's revenues and margins in North America; Idea on which the merger is built.
- ed reynolds. // Wireless Review;Oct2005, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p9
Presents an interview with Ed Reynolds, president of network operations at Cingular Wireless regarding the integration of Cingular's network with the acquired assets of AT&T Wireless. Complexity of the integration; Backhaul for an integrated network; Coverage challenges in line with the...
- FROM AFFILIATION TO ASSIMILATION. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;11/19/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 21, p50
Reports on the acquisition of corporate affiliate TeleCorp PCS by AT&T Wireless. Impact of the decision on spectrum cap issued by the United States Federal Communications Commission; Comparison between the restructuring programs of AT&T and Sprint PCS.
- Landline group says Cingular/AWS merger to cost consumers
$2.7B more annually. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;10/4/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p4
Deals with the proposed merger of Cingular Wireless LLC and AT&T Wireless Services Inc. Implications of the proposed merger on the prices of wireless and landline telephony services in the U.S.; Impact on wireless consumers.
- Knocked Down A Notch. // njbiz;2/23/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p2
Reports on the merger agreement between Cingular Wireless and AT&T Wireless Services. Combined revenue of the merged company; Concerns about the lack of competition in the cell phone industry; Resignation of AT&T Wireless Chairman John Zeglis.
- Operators spurn consolidation talk at Warburg conference. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;11/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p7
Reports on the consolidation issues discussed by telecommunication operators during UBS Warburg's Global Telecom Conference in New York City in November 2002. Issues stressed by wireless operators as their plan to fight economic downturn and slump in telecommunications value; Opinion of Ivan...
- Spectrum may trump technology in choosing consolidation partner. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p3
Points that the problem of spectrum coverage will become the deciding factor companies in the wireless communication industry in the U.S. to consolidate. Explanation behind the concern of companies toward spectrum coverage; Information on the deals completed by Verizon Wireless in its quest for...