AWS Bridges Gap In California
- San Francisco: AT&T's Next Target? Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;08/09/99, Vol. 5 Issue 32, p1
Reports that the drive of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. to create cross-country coverage for its Digital One Rate has a fundamental gap in San Francisco, California. Implications of AT&T Wireless' co-ownership of Cellular One of San Francisco; Impact of the potential partnership between Vodafone...
- Wireless Online. // Wireless Week;03/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p76
Provides information on several telecommunication Web sites in the United States reviewed by the `Wireless Week' periodical. Criteria used in the review; Features and contents of the Web sites; AT&T Wireless; CellularOne; Nextel Communications.
- Suppliers Feel Merger's Holding Pattern. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;10/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p21
Deals with the implication of the AT&T Wireless/Cingular Wireless merger for wireless equipment gear vendors in the U.S., as of October 2004. Factors that have put significant pressure on the quarter's revenues and margins in North America; Idea on which the merger is built.
- ed reynolds. // Wireless Review;Oct2005, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p9
Presents an interview with Ed Reynolds, president of network operations at Cingular Wireless regarding the integration of Cingular's network with the acquired assets of AT&T Wireless. Complexity of the integration; Backhaul for an integrated network; Coverage challenges in line with the...
- FROM AFFILIATION TO ASSIMILATION. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;11/19/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 21, p50
Reports on the acquisition of corporate affiliate TeleCorp PCS by AT&T Wireless. Impact of the decision on spectrum cap issued by the United States Federal Communications Commission; Comparison between the restructuring programs of AT&T and Sprint PCS.
- Cingular banks on AWS with $41B buy. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/23/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the expectations on the acquisition of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. (AWS) by Cingular Wireless L.L.C. Impact of the acquisition on its competitors as well as companies with ties to AWS or Cingular; Comparison between subscribers of AWS and Cingular Wireless; Challenges faced by...
- AT&T Fills Florida Gap. // Wireless Week;02/14/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p3
Reports that AT&T Wireless Services is acquiring Wireless One Networks LP in Florida. Size of the subscribers of Wireless One in 1999; Advantages of the acquisition to AT&T.
- AT&T Wireless buys TeleCorp affiliate. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;10/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p4
Reports on the acquisition of TeleCorp PCS by AT&T Wireless Services Inc. Terms of the acquisition; Plans of AT&T; Importance of the filing of buildout certifications to TeleCorp; Advantages of the acquisition to AT&T and TeleCorp.
- Landline group says Cingular/AWS merger to cost consumers
$2.7B more annually. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;10/4/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p4
Deals with the proposed merger of Cingular Wireless LLC and AT&T Wireless Services Inc. Implications of the proposed merger on the prices of wireless and landline telephony services in the U.S.; Impact on wireless consumers.