New Economy Includes Union-organized Workers
- SBC WIRELESS WORKERS DIAL UNION NUMBER. Jones, Sandra // Crain's Chicago Business;08/28/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p1
Focuses on the bid of the trade union, Communications Workers of America to represent 1,000 employees at SBC Wireless Inc. Agreement signed with the company's top executives; Effect of the update on higher labor costs for SBC's cellular business division.
- SBC Union May Organize In Chicago. // Wireless Week;09/04/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 36, p18
Reports that the Communications Workers of America (CWA) could win the right to organize wireless workers at SBC Communications Inc. in Chicago, Illinois, according to a report. Agreement reached by SBC with CWA in July 2000; Way of getting the approval for the merger of the wireless operations...
- SBC, BellSouth Take Wireless Vows. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;04/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p10
No abstract available.
- BELLSOUTH, SBC DISAPPOINT WITH SECOND QUARTER RESULTS. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;7/29/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the below-average earnings of BellSouth Corp. and SBC Communications Inc. for the second quarter of 2002. Weakness of the demand for local voice services; Factors attributed to declined revenues.
- SBC And BellSouth: Long Overdue Nuptials? Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;03/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p20
Reports on the merger plans of SBC Communications and BellSouth Corp. for their wireless telecommunication business. Importance of the merger; Barriers in the merger; Information on other partners of SBC; Acquisitions made by SBC.
- FINANCIAL FORECAST IS SUNNIER FOR VENDORS THAN CARRIERS. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;10/27/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 21, p8
Discusses the financial performance of the telecommunication industry in the U.S. for the third quarter of 2003. Revenue of wireline carriers; Performance of equipment vendors; Decline in SBC Communication Inc.'s revenue; Net income of BellSouth Corp.; Percentage revenue gain of Avici Systems.
- Telephone Hide and Seek. // OfficePro;Aug/Sep2000, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p4
Features two communication devices. Privacy Manager from SBC Inc.; Privacy Director from BellSouth Corp.
- SBC/BellSouth venture hits speed bump. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;07/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p23
Reports on the impact of the objection of small Michigan-based cellular phone operator on the progress of the efforts of the joint venture between BellSouth Corp. and SBC Communications Inc. to create the sixth nationwide wireless carrier.
- DEPT. OF JUSTICE CLEARS BELLSOUTH/SBC WIRELESS JOINT VENTURE. // RBOC Update;Oct2000, p4
Reports the clearance of the joint venture of SBC Communications Inc. and Bellsouth Corporation by the United States Department of Justice. Integration of domestic wireless operations for the creation of a national wireless company; Views on the approval of the plan; Profile of SBC...