Will Wireless Firms Ask The Wallflower To Dance?
- Truck-train accidents take lives. // Overdrive;Feb94, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p81
Reports on the increasing number of deaths as a result of truck violations of railroad crossing safety procedures. Third accident in 1994; Policy statement from Transportation Secretary Federico Pena.
- Grade crossing fatalities decline. // Professional Safety;Oct95, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the research in highway-rail collisions (at grade crossings) in 1994 in the United States according to preliminary Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) data issued by Operation Lifesaver Inc. Increase in the number of crashes from 1993; Decrease in the number of highway-rail fatalities.
- Crossing collision fatalities drop. // Railway Age;Jun95, Vol. 196 Issue 6, p16
Reports on reduction in the number of grade crossing collision fatalities in 1994 despite the increase in the number of collisions. States that accounted for 1/3 of all crossing crashes.
- Bertram woman killed by train. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);6/13/2012, Vol. 139 Issue 24, p3A
The article informs about a Bertram, Texas-based woman who was killed in an accident with a train at a railroad crossing on CR 269 in Bertram, Texas on June 9, 2012.
- Level crossing incident at Butterswood. // Rail Business Intelligence;8/1/2013, Issue 443, p8
The article reports on the level crossing incident of a Northern Rail Class 153 diesel multiple unit (DMU) train as it drove over the Butterswood, a locally-monitored automatic barrier crossing, when the barriers were raised and the road was open to traffic on June 25, 2013 in Great Britain.
- Danger that can't be ignored. Hibbert, Lee // Professional Engineering;07/07/99, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p32
Focuses on a proposal to install a safety system across the rail network of Great Britain. Project cost; Features of the Train Protection Warning System; Ability to automatically stop trains at danger signals. INSET: Mixed reactions to TPWS..
- Hertford Loop to test Thameslink ETCS. // Rail Business Intelligence;7/1/2010, Issue 369, p9
The article presents information on the proposed signaling test facility to be set-up between Stevenage and Hertford North on the Hertford Loop to support the use of ETCS on the Thameslink.
- Safer crossings. // Railway Gazette International;Dec2006, Vol. 162 Issue 12, p805
The article features the safety system for railways, provided by InRob Ltd.
- Derailment detector. // Railway Gazette International;Aug2015, Vol. 171 Issue 8, p21
The article focuses on the move of Belo Horizonte, Brazil rail operator MetroBH to equip its trains with Sicode-EP derailment detectors after the successful completion of dynamic tests.