CPUC Commissioner In Hot Seat Over Nextel Stock
- S corporation stock can be IRC sec. 338 (H)(10) asset acquisition. Stollar, Mitchell // CPA Journal;May95, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p54
Discusses the treatment of purchase of the stock of the target corporation as acquisition of assets under the IRC Section 338(h)(10). Recognition of the gain and loss of the sales of assets at the corporate level; Submission of 8023-A for election under IRC Section 338(h)(10).
- IRS rules on qualified stock purchase. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 12 Issue 69, p25
Reports on the decision of the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to implement a temporary regulation that will allow target companies in a qualified stock purchase to avoid recognition of gain or loss on the deemed sale of its stock.
- Nextel gains spectrum in southern U.S. // RCR Wireless News;8/20/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p7
Discusses the purchase of several blocks of spectrum from Southland Communications by Nextel Communications Inc.
- Nextel pursues Pittencrieff purchase. Pate, Kelly // RCR;10/07/96, Vol. 15 Issue 40, p1
Reports that Nextel Communications Incorporated plans to acquire Pittencrieff Communications Incorporated on Nextel's closing price on October 2, 1996 of $18.13. Value of the acquisition; Information on Nextel's spate of acquisitions; Benefits of Pittencrieff to Nextel; Comments from Bob...
- McCaw family buys 15 million nextel shares. // RCR;08/02/99, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p25
Reports that Craig McCaw and his family have exercised their options to purchase shares of Nextel Communications common stock.
- McCaws increase Nextel stake. // RCR;04/21/97, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p12
Focuses on the announcement by the company MaCaw, to acquire $232.5 million in Nextel Communications Incorporated's common stock. Number of digital subscribers who joined Nextel between January 1 and March 31, 1997; Price of Nextel's shares; Number of Nextel's digital units that are...
- The Taxing Trade-offs of Day and Online Trading. Simpson, William R.; DiGregorio, Dean W.; Crain, John L. // CPA Journal;Aug2000, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p24
Presents information on the classification and tax treatment of online and day traders in the United States (U.S.) stock market. Discussion on the opinion of the U.S. Supreme Court regarding the classification of a trader for federal income tax purposes; Sample computation on tax treatment for...
- HOW TO BUY STOCK ON MARGIN. // Regional Review;2001 3rd Quarter, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on the scheme for stock buying under the Regulation T imposed by the Federal Reserve Board in the U.S. Guidelines set by the New York Stock Exchange and National Association of Securities Dealers to their members; Analysis of the maintenance margin with the prices in the stock market;...
- Redefining Best Execution. Bradley, Harold S. // Traders Magazine;May2001, Vol. 14 Issue 182, p46
Deals with the guidance of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regarding best execution of stocks on the buyside. Regulatory efforts of the SEC regarding trade processes; List of the warnings from SEC; Reasons many institutions seek immediacy of execution.