Airtime Pricing Model
- In-building Coverage Grows In Stature. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;5/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p12
No abstract available.
- PTT Newcomer Promises Flexible Solution. // Wireless Week;5/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p14
No abstract available.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Gelormini, Josh // Crain's Chicago Business;5/23/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p16
Presents letters to the editor on matters related to the U.S. business industry. Discussion on Mills Corp.'s plan to include a movie theater in the tenant mix at Block 37; Problems related to public employee pension policy; Impact of cell phones ban on general public in Chicago.
- Tackling Backhaul Costs. Larsen, Jacob // Wireless Week;7/15/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p29
The article highlights the benefits that can be gained by mobile operators in the U.S. by using hybrid optical/data multiservice provisioning platforms. One of the main concerns of mobile operators in relation to the growing popularity of 3G mobile data services is that the cost of wireless...
- Reality Check: Manage Those Mobile Workforce Expenses. Colwell, Timothy C. // Communications Technology;10/15/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p7
The article discusses the importance of the Wireless Mobility Management (WMM) plan for companies, after the evolution of wireless technology and expansion of mobile workforce applications. It mentions that a WMM plan helps companies to cut down wireless voice and data expenses driven by...
- A Channel Allocation Algorithm for Hot-Spot Cells in Wireless Networks. // Journal of Advances in Information Technology;2010, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p136
The article presents a new hybrid channel allocation algorithm to minimize the growth in mobile telephone traffic in wireless cellular networks. It states that protocol has low overhead and behaves similar to the Fixed Channel Allocation (FCA) scheme at high traffic and to the Dynamic Channel...
- User's Profile Replication Tree and On Demand Replica Update in Wireless Communication. Nath, Prem; Kumar, Chiranjeev // International Journal of Computer Network & Information Security;Mar2013, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p63
Replication strategy is mostly useful for replicating the called mobile user's profile at selected locations where some caller mobile users have higher calling rate. It plays important role in personal communication services (PCS) in order to reduce call setup cost and call setup time. In prior...
- Unified Communications Market to Nearly Triple by 2018. Klie, Leonard // Speech Technology Magazine;Fall2013, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p15
The article discusses the outlook for the unified communications (UCV) market by 2018. According to Bill Meisel, president of Transparency Market Research, the UC market valued at 22.8 billion dollars in 2011 will reach 61.9 billion dollars by 2018 or 15.7% compound annual growth rate. Meisel...
- Wireless + Mobility: 8 trends taking us closer to visibility. MCCREA, BRIDGET // Modern Materials Handling;Sep2013, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p52
The article discusses the eight leading wireless and mobility trends for the supply chain industry, and identifies how supply chain professionals can be effective in leveraging the trends to their advantage. To address the challenge of reducing costs, companies are turning to wireless solutions...