It's Cold Out There: Bundle Up!
- We're Not In Kansas Anymore. Kuehn, Richard A. // Business Communications Review;Mar2003, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p66
Focuses on the performance of the telecommunications industry in the U.S. Bankruptcy of WorldCom Inc.; Pricing approach of AT&T Corp.; Market penetration of the second-tier carriers.
- EXCESS Baggage. Engebretson, Joan // America's Network;03/01/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p38
Reports on the reorganization plans of telecommunication companies, WorldCom Inc. and AT&T Corporation. Idea behind the consumer tracking stocks that AT&T and WorldCom plan to issue; Comments from Tom Nolle of CIMI Corp. about the business of being an `interexchange carrier'; Likely result if...
- WAFFLING ON WIRELESS. Luna, Lynette // Telephony;6/10/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 23, p19
Focuses on the decision of WorldCom to exit the wireless voice resale business in the U.S. as of June 2002. Views of WorldCom on mobile wireless communications; Possible effect of the company's lack of a mobile wireless strategy; Forecasts on company profits of Sprint and AT&T in 2002.
- BRIEFS. // InfoWorld;12/17/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p16
Presents news briefs on the wireless communications technology industry in the United States as of December 17, 2001. Partnership between WorldCom and AT&T on an Internet service agreement; Integration of Bluetooth wireless technology in Microsoft Windows XP software; Decision of the BlueArc...
- AT&T ENHANCES MINNESOTA NETWORK BROADBAND ACROSS STATE. // Networks Update;Mar2010, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the plans of AT&T for its wireless network in Minnesota in 2010. The company's investment plan for the year includes the addition of over 55 new cell sites and an upgrade of over 200 additional cell sites to third-generation throughout the state. The planned enhancement is...
- Breaking Ma Bell. Beckman, Kristen // RCR Wireless News;2/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p16
Recounts the 1984 breakup of AT&T Corp. and its impact on the wireless industry in the United States. Views on the decision to let go of the cellular licenses; Reason for the operation as a monopoly; Antitrust lawsuit faced by the company.
- Intelligent roaming to transform industry. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;03/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p1
Focuses on the impact of intelligent roaming in the American wireless communications industry. Effects to competition; Changes in the industry's dynamics after AT&T Corp.'s introduction of plans that eliminate roaming and long-distance fees; Effects of intelligent roaming to small carriers.
- Tracking stock to trace growing AT&T wireless business. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;11/29/99, Vol. 18 Issue 48, p4
Focuses on speculations that AT&T Corp. will unveil plans to issue a separate tracking stock to trace its wireless business in the United States. Success of the unit's Digital One Rate plan; Proposal to include fixed wireless services in the tracking stock; Revamp of its cable networks.
- To bill or not to bill. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;08/28/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 9, p78
Cites the increase in prepaid wireless services in the United States (U.S.) in 1999. Forecast on the prepaid option; Comparison between prepaid wireless services in U.S. and Europe; Results of a study on the prepaid wireless market in the U.S.; Details on the plan of AT&T to introduce a...