Western Is 'Steady Eddie.'
- Quarter is good to wireless vendors. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;07/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p1
Looks at the financial reports posted by several wireless communication providers for the second quarter of 1999. Role of the decline in sales of Ericsson in the termination of its president Sven-Christer Nilsson; Increase in net sales experienced by Nokia Corp.; Factors influencing the...
- Operating profits soar for wireless industry. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;4/17/2003, p5
Reports on the increase of operating profits of wireless service providers in Canada during the year 2002. Reasons for decrease in revenues and profits of wireline industry; Ratio of digital subscribers to subscribers of wireless services; Information on reduction of capital expenditure of...
- Playing on the market slide. Schwaninger Jr., Robert H. // Mobile Radio Technology;May2001, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p10
Comments on the negative effect of the use of shareholder money on the profit base of wireless communication companies in the United States. Decrease of corporate earnings; Reduction of stock prices; Lack of consideration for the time period to gain profitability.
- Business Briefs. // RCR;07/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p33
Reports on the financial performance of wireless communications companies as of July 10, 2000.
- Nokia revises sales projections for remainder of year. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;6/24/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p17
Reports that Nokia reduced its sales growth target for the second half of 2002. Decrease in the sales expectations; Number of phone models that should be shipped in 2002; Predictions for sales and earnings growth in 2003; Expected growth in handset sales in the second quarter.
- WHAT'S NEWS? // Telephony;2/10/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 3, p23
Reports developments in the telecommunication industry in the U.S. as of February 2003. Fourth quarter loss of America Online; Partnership of Nokia with Sega to develop wireless games; Launch of a patron saint of the Internet.
- BellSouth increases domestic revenues. // RCR Wireless News;1/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p36
Reports on an increase in Bellsouth Corp.'s domestic wireless revenue for the fourth quarter of 2000, compared with that for the same period in 1999.
- Qualcomm's Earnings Up 130 Percent for Year. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;11/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p9
Reports on the increasing income for fiscal year 2003 by Qualcomm Inc. in California. Production of high-technology products; Escalation of profit from the wireless phone technology; Escalation of sales revenue.
- AT COMPTEL, SIGNS OF CLEC LIFE AMID REGULATORY UNCERTAINTY. Bischoff, Gleen // Telephony;10/13/2003, Vol. 224 Issue 20, p16
Reports on the improved financial outlook of the wireless telecommunication sector in the U.S. Factors contributed to the improved financial outlook; Services provided by the sector; Impact of the restructuring of the sector on its profitability.