An Electoral Feast: Getting A Seat At The Table
- CTIA Makes Pitch In China. // Wireless Week;12/04/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 48, p3
Reports on the international forum held by the CTIA in Beijing, China in November 2000 to discuss telecommunication and wireless issues. Role of Qualcomm in the event; Executives who attended the event; Topic of discussions.
- CTIA Launches KnowMyApp Website to Help Consumers. Eddy, Nathan // eWeek;12/27/2013, p2
The article announces the launch of wireless telecommunications industry trade group CTIA's KnowMyapp.org website which informs consumers how much data their favorite applications are using.
- GTE to manage hotline. // Wireless Review;07/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p11
Reports on the contract awarded to GTE Telecommunications Services Incorporated to provide operator service for CTIA company's law enforcement hotline. Functions of the hotline; Estimated number of calls received by CTIA per month.
- Wheeler: Times Require Path Of Patience. Purcell, Judith Lockwood // Wireless Week;9/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 38, p10
Discusses the outlook of CTIA President and Chief Executive Officer Tom Wheeler on the market and technology conditions in wireless telecommunication industry as of September 17, 2001. Data Speed on wireless networks; Lobbying campaign for spectrum for data services; Book written by Wheeler.
- CTIA seeks to light fuse under FBI. // Wireless Review;03/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p8
Reports that CTIA has asked the US Federal Communications Commission to help in implementing the Federal Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act. Expanded authority and capability concerns in the telecommunications industry; Possible delay of the compliance date.
- CDG Adds CTIA To Member List. // Wireless Week;7/22/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 29, p4
Reports on the joint membership agreement between CDMA Development Group and CTIA to join CDG in July 2002. Telecommunications issues in which the companies have worked together; Views of Tom Wheeler, CTIA president, regarding the company's relationship with CDG.
- D.C. notes. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;10/13/97, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p4
Opinion. Comments on the battle of the wireless telecom industry referring to PCIA vs CTIA. Views on PCIA president Jay Kitchen's reaction to the FCC's C-block debt restructuring ruling; Statement made by CTIA president Tom Wheeler.
- Spectrum Debate Stalls. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;7/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 29, p3
Deals with a debate between wireless trade association CTIA and the United States Department of Defense regarding the reallocation of some military spectrum for third-generation services. Introduction of a legislation that would give the department financial incentives for relocation of...
- CTIA blasts satellite industry's complaints about 5G spectrum. Alleven, Monica // FierceWirelessTech;7/11/2016, p1
The article focuses on the disagreement between the satellite and terrestrial mobile industries in the U.S. and mentions the response of the CTIA Wireless Association to the complaints of the former over the fifth generation (5G) spectrum. It mentions how the association reminded the Federal...