Phone Tax Repeal Is Dead-For Now
- Congress rings with calls to repeal the 'Tax on Talking'. Forsgren Weaver, Heather // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p63
Reports on the appeal of the United States Republicans for the repeal of the three-percent telephone excise tax. Senators and public officials supporting the repeal; Provision in the moratorium sponsored by Senator Ron Wydon (D-Ore.); Complexity of the issue.
- Excise The 'Bully!' Tax. Menezes, Bill // Wireless Week;4/15/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p49
Advocates the repeal of the federal excise tax on telephone services in the U.S.. Purpose of the excise tax introduced in 1898; Challenge of calling for an excise tax repeal.
- Oklahoma Lawmaker Wants Repeal Of $800 Million Garvee Authorization . Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p5
Reports that Oklahoma Representative Susan Winchester wants to repeal an authorization allowing the state to sell dollar 799 million of grant anticipation revenue vehicles (Garvees) to finance highways. Decision of the Contingency Review Board about the Garvee sale; Financial crisis for road...
- No regrets on data bank repeal. // Business Insurance;10/07/96, Vol. 30 Issue 41, p8
Opinion. Discusses the data bank law which is part of a bill passed by the United States Congress in 1993. Claims that the law requires all employers to file the names and Social Security numbers of all their employees; Other requirements of the law; Why regulators had to repeal the law.
- Trib ready to shop again. Mullman, Jeremy // Crain's Chicago Business;12/23/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p3
Reports on the repeal of rules restricting ownership of multiple media outlets of Chicago-based Tribune Co. in a single market. Expectation of acquiring television stations in existing market; Impact of advertisement expenditure on the company's income; Regulations set by Federal Communications...
- It's National Housecleaning Year! // Health (Time Inc. Health);Mar/Apr95, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p98
Lists commemorative weeks that will no longer be marked in 1995. Repeal by Congress of national awareness weeks.
- Ready for Takeoff. Bednar, Joseph // BusinessWest;Jan2003, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p23
Reports on the repeal of the Commonwealth's tax on aircraft sales and parts in Westfield, Massachusetts. Impact of the directive on airports and businesses; Efforts to repeal the law in the past; Growth brought to the Barnes Municipal Airport.
- Alaska's nuisance revisited: Federal substantive due process limits to common law abrogation. Hasselman, Jan Erik // Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review;Winter97, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p347
Argues that a statutory abrogation of the common law that leaves property subject to uncompensable damage in Alaska is an unconstitutional deprivation of liberty and property. Need for common law property protections in light of the nature of pollution standards and regulations; Statutory...
- Hitting home care. Gardner, Johnathan // Modern Healthcare;07/14/97, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p28
Reports on the repeal of the raise of rates by HCFA on Medicare payments. Services that Medicare provide; Comments from Karen Pace, vice president for research and regulatory affairs at the National Association for Home Care; Implication of Congress' pending balance-budget plans. INSET: Here...