Sun Strategy Adds To iPlanet's Orbit
- Sun, Netscape Prepare Suite. Babcock, Charles // Inter@ctive Week;08/30/99, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p12
Focuses on the integration made by Sun Microsystems Inc. and Netscape Communications Corp. for their software lines to form the iPlanet Commerce Integration Suite for developing advanced e-commerce applications. Key components of the software; Information on the acquisition plans of Sun for...
- Sun, Netscape make Java browser plans. Gardner, Dana // InfoWorld;09/01/97, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p8
Reports on Sun Microsystems Inc. and Netscape Communications Corp.'s plan to release the all-Java Web browser Javagator. Design specification of the new software; Main objective of Sun and Netscape in developing the software.
- Netscape Takes New JVM Tack. Moeller, Michael // PC Week;10/12/98, Vol. 15 Issue 41, p20
Announces that Netscape Communications Corp. has introduced its Communicator 5.0, a computer browser. Netscape as a supporter of Sun Microsystems Inc.'s Java technology; Status of company's Java Virtual Machine to be used in the browser; How the company gained its independence.
- Netscape, Sun boosting WebNFS. Doan, Amy // InfoWorld;12/23/96-12/30/96, Vol. 18/19 Issue 52/53, p5
Reports on Sun Microsystems and Netscape Communications Corp.'s plan to jointly push Sun's WebNFS as a speedier alternative to the HTTP's net file-access protocol. Netscape's incorporation of WebNFS in the future versions of its Communicator client software; WebNFS as extension of Sun's Network...
- Sun sets foundation classes for Java developers. Rodriguez, Karen // Inter@ctive Week;07/14/97, Vol. 4 Issue 23, p12
Reports that an improved Java Foundation Classes (JFC) was released by the developers of Sun Microsystems Incorporated's JavaSoft unit. How Sun Microsystems worked with Netscape Communications What the JFCs include; What the final version would include; Comments from Tom Johnston, group product...
- A New Page In The Art Of War. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;02/14/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p20
Features the iPlanet Wireless Server computer software as a result of the merger of Sun Microsystems Inc. and Netscape Communications Inc. in the United States. Purpose of the software; Views on the implications of the merger to the Internet industry.
- Sun to rise on e-software market. Babcock, Charles // Inter@ctive Week;03/29/99, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p7
Focuses on the entry of Sun Microsystems into the electronic commerce and Internet software market in the United States. Purchase of Netscape Communications software from America Online; Establishment of virtual company by Sun and Netscape; Terms of agreement; Impact of purchase on business...
- A blockbuster movie without the long lines. Vizard, Michael // InfoWorld;05/17/99, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p5
Comments on the competition in the software market. Alliance between Sun Microsystems Inc. and Netscape company; Development of Java, Extensible Markup Language and Linux; Support of customers for Microsoft Corp.
- Iplanet Commerce Suite. Kujubu, Laura // InfoWorld;08/30/99, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p29
Presents information on iPlanet Commerce Integration Suite, a software for electronic commerce jointly developed by Sun Microsystems Inc. and Netscape company. Features of the software; Other software introduced by Sun-Netscape alliance.