Cingular, VoiceStream Swap Spectrum
- Cingular-VoiceStream: Joint Venture? Merger? Pierce, Lisa // Network World;11/26/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 48, p26
Focuses on the joint venture between Cingular and VoiceStream for the support of global system for mobile (GSM) communications in the United States. Arrangements for co-marketing and GSM roaming; Impact of the venture on the personnel, capital investment and local asset management;...
- Sharing California & New York City. Swartz, Nikki // Wireless Review;Nov2001, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p6
Focuses on the significance of the joint venture between Cingular and VoiceStream on network sharing in the telecommunications industry in the United States. Role of the joint venture in the expansion of networks and spectrum in the country; Terms of the venture agreement. INSET: Likelihood of...
- the buzz. // eWeek;8/26/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p14
Reports developments in the computer industry in the U.S. as of August 2002. Plan of Cingular Wireless Inc. to lay off employees; Possibility of a merge between VoiceStream Wireless Inc. and Cingular; Change of the company name of Cache Flow to Blue Coat Systems.
- What's with this? Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;9/9/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p10
Comments on issues involved in the wireless communications industry as of September 9, 2002. Analysis of a lawsuit filed against the industry for selling handsets that only-work on their networks; Decision of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. to change its name to T-Mobile USA Inc.; Inquiry of the...
- VoiceStream, Cingular Outline GPRS High-Speed Data Plans. Palenchar, Joseph; Smith, Brad // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/04/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p36
Reports on wireless carriers VoiceStream and Cingular Wireless's announcement of details about their high-speed wireless-data plans. VoiceStream's plan to become the first United States carrier to launch General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) technology in seven cities before the end of 2000;...
- Rumor de jour: Cingular buys VoiceStream. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;8/26/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p1
Reports the possible merger between Cingular Wireless LLC and VoiceStream Wireless Corp. Strategies employed by Deutsche Telekom AG (DT) to reduce its debt; Acquisition of VoiceStream by DT; Indications of a possible merger between Cingular and VoiceStream.
- European W-CDMA stalls affect U.S. players. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;8/26/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p12
Deals with the status of third-generation networks (3G) business in Europe, and its implications for wireless carriers in the U.S. Plans of Telefonica Moviles to abandon its 3G joint venture in Germany; Overview of the report released by the Yankee Group regarding capital expenditures on UMTS...
- Play That Funky Ring Tone. // Wireless Review;9/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p40
Features several wireless communication systems providers and their customer services with regard to cellular telephone ring tones. Cingular; VoiceStream; AT&T Wireless. INSET: Ring Tone Risks.
- Getting to GSM. Junowicz, Gaby // Wireless Review;Jan2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p28
Presents information on the processes that telecommunication carriers adopt to provide Global System for Mobile (GSM) infrastructure. Reasons for adopting the GSM standard; Factors considered before implementing GSM; Information on Cingular Wireless' partnership with AT&T Wireless and Voice...