DoCoMo's Global Aspirations
- NTT DoCoMo steps up global strategy. Mori, Yoko // Global Wireless;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p4
Focuses on the global investments of wireless carrier NTT DoCoMo as of January 2001. Percentage of AT&T Wireless acquired by the company; Details of the company's acquisitions in Europe; Impact of the company's deals on other telecommunication companies.
- DoCoMo leads 3G, but minority stakes get lackluster return. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;3/22/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the investment strategy of telecommunication carrier NTT DoCoMo. Investment made by the company in U.S. carrier AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and Hutchison 3G UK Holding Ltd. in 2002; Disadvantage of NTT DoCoMo's decision not to purchase shares in Dutch operator KPN Mobile NV; Number...
- NTT DoCoMo expansion. Weiss, Ed // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan2001, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p20
Reports that Japanese telecommunication company, NTT DoCoMo will acquire interest in the AT&T Wireless Group. NTT's acquisition of shares in Taiwan's mobile carrier, KG Telecom; Acquisition strategy of NTT. INSET: News in brief..
- NTT SENDS A LITTLE DOCOMOJO IN AT&T'S DIRECTION. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;12/4/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 49, p18
Focuses on the financing of NTT DoCoMo for AT&T Wireless. Terms of the agreement; Significance of the financial deal.
- Dropping EDGE could regain edge for AT&T. Lynch, Grahame // America's Network;02/01/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p20
Unveils the plan of AT&T Wireless company to upgrade its third generation (3G) network. Investments of the AT&T to NTT DoCoMo company of Japan; Total share of AT&T of the mobile market; Advantages of AT&T over its competitors; Deal of AT&T and NTT DoCoMo; Business plans of the two companies;...
- DoCoMo to write off AT&T investment. // RCR Wireless News;4/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p8
Reports on the plan of NTT DoCoMo to write off its investment in AT&T Wireless Services Inc. to comply with new accounting regulations in 2002. Value of investments expected to be written off; Expected loss of DoCoMo for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2002; List of other DoCoMo investments...
- DoCoMo Buys Into AWS. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;12/04/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 48, p3
Focuses on the purchase of shares in AT&T Wireless by NTT DoCoMo. Purchase value of the stake; Benefit of the deal to AT&T; Terms of the deal.
- I-MODE ANTICIPATION GRABS MOBILE INTERNET SPOTLIGHT. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;3/25/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 12, p10
Reports that anticipation for the launching of the wireless data service called i-mode by AT&T Wireless has captured the attention of the cellular telephone services industry. Stock owned by NTT DoCoMo, a Japanese i-mode service provider, in At&T Wireless; Success of the i-mode service of NTT...
- Hearty base station growth expected in next five years. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;9/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p6
Deals with the construction of base stations by telecommunication companies. Importance of base stations in the deployment of wireless services; Number of base stations in the United States in the first half of 2001; Plans of several companies, such as AT&T Wireless NTT DoCoMo, for their base...