Dain Rauscher to Acquire ABN AMRO Brokerage Group
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Kinnander, Ola; Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;05/25/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30899, p35
Presents news items related to bonds and the securities industry in the United States as of May 25, 2000. Orlando-Orange County Express Authority's hiring of Dain Rauscher Inc. as financial adviser; Collections of the Tennessee Department of Revenue; Financing for a sewer plant upgrade.
- THE TRADING FLOOR. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;6/26/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31168, p32
Presents news items related to the securities industry in the United States as of June 26, 2001. Dain Rauscher Inc.'s hiring of Vincent A. Cimino as principal; Distributor of the products of Global Trade Technologies.
- Orrick Herrington Buys Dallas Arbitrage Unit of Dain Rauscher. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/13/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30681, p25
Reports on Dain Rauscher Inc.'s sale of its Dallas, Texas-based arbitrage rebate and verification unit to Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe, one of the largest bond counsel firms in the United States. Services offered by the unit; Previous relationship of the unit with Orrick.
- Dain Rauscher No More: RBC Renames Its Fixed-Income Arm. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;11/14/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32258, p47
Reports on the business name change of RBC Dain Rauscher Inc. into RBC Capital Markets in the U.S. Move of the parent company to consolidate its fixed-income business under the new name; Recognition of the rebranding of the oneness of the company; Assurance of the company that the name change...
- KARL LEAVERTON. Olsen, Pat // On Wall Street;Apr2007, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p88
The article profiles Karl Leaverton, president of the Private Client Group, West Division of RBC Dain Rauscher. Leaverton, who grew up in Portland, Oregon and came from a family involved in the financial services industry, has 25 years behind him in securities business. Among the companies he...
- Investment banking leader speaks up for independence. Ring, Niamh; Weidner, David // American Banker;11/9/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 215, p22
Focuses on challenges encountered by Irving Weiser, chairman of the Securities Industry Association (SIA) and president of Dain Rauscher, to maintain the investment bank's independent status. Percentage of SIA member firms owned by banks; Position on financial modernization; Conflict of...
- RBC Dain Rauscher Revamps Recruiting Package. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Dec2003, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p22
Reports on the decision of RBC Dain Rauscher to join other Wall Street firms that pay experienced brokers as part of their recruiting package. Bonus arrangement offered at RBC; Views of brokers on the package; Characteristics of recruits that are of interest to the company.
- BRIAN PETERS. Olsen, Pat // On Wall Street;Apr2005, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p88
Presents an article on working in the securities industry as chief executive at RBC Dain Rauscher. Role of his father in his decision to enter the industry; Outlook on developing relationship with clients; Qualities needed in being good in the securities business.
- Recent merger gives Dain Rauscher greater local leverage. Prieto, Wilfredo // Caribbean Business;3/12/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p6
Reports that the merger by Dain Rauscher Incorporated will give the company greater leverage to do business in Puerto Rico. When the company was established; What the company is seeking to do; Comments from Michael R. Kavanagh, senior vice president and regional director of public finance for...