Mixing Church and State May Answer Houston's Prayers
- All Systems `Go' For Rockets' Stadium. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;07/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30932, p2
Reports that the Houston Rockets basketball team has agreed to the terms of a downtown basketball arena deal. Bond referendum on November 7, 2000 for the project; Construction cost of the arena.
- Houston Arena Negotiations Result in Final Proposal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;07/27/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30941, p4
Reports on the proposed deal for financing a new basketball and hockey arena in downtown Houston, Texas. Use of revenue bonds; Deal between officials from the Houston Rockets, the city of Houston and the Sports Authority.
- Doing More with Much, Much Less. HARVEY, STEVE // Systems Contractor News;Dec2014, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p74
The article reports on the completion of the upgrade of the audiovisual (AV) systems of the Toyota Center, home to the basketball team Houston Rockets in Texas. Details about the installation of an L-Acoustics K2 sound system at the arena by AV systems integrator LD Systems LP is discussed....
- Untitled. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/26/93, Vol. 123 Issue 17, p81
Reports on Home Sports Entertainment's (HSE) deal with the Houston Rockets professional basketball team to distribute selected Rockets games on a pay-per-view basis to Houston-area cable systems. Other games not broadcast by NBC available through Special Order Sports, HSE's pay-per-view arm.
- Blast off! Murphy, Michael // Basketball Digest;Apr97, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p50
Focuses on the prospects for the Houston Rockets basketball team in the 1996-1997 season of the National Basketball Association. Impact of the addition of Charles Barkley to the team; Other championship teams that had three superstars; Credentials of the three major stars of the team; Other...
- Houston Rockets. Sefko, Eddie // Sporting News;11/4/96, Vol. 220 Issue 45, pS-16
Features the Houston Rockets basketball team. Team's record for the 1995-1996 season; Strengths and weaknesses; Forecasts for the 1996-1997 season.
- Masters of disaster. Sefko, Eddie // Sporting News;3/24/97, Vol. 221 Issue 12, p16
Focuses on how the Houston Rockets basketball team coped with its members' injuries. Victory over the Los Angeles Lakers despite the absence of Clyde Drexler and Charles Barkley; Coaching style by Rudy Tomjanovich; Contributions of athlete Hakeem Olajuwon to the team's success.
- Houston Rockets. Sefko, Eddie // Sporting News;11/03/97, Vol. 221 Issue 44, pS-8
Previews Houston Rockets' overall capability to win the 1998 National Basketball Association championship. Strength and weakness; Defense and offense; Key players; Performance records; Health of the team.
- Rockets. Sefko, Eddie // Sporting News;12/08/97, Vol. 221 Issue 48, p77
Presents a report on the National Basketball Association team, Houston Rockets. Team developments as of December 8, 1997; Includes ability of the team to survive without Hakeem Olajuwon.