Proposed Houston Deal Scares Up Interesting Bond Angles
- Woooooo! Driggers, Tim // Sandlapper: The Magazine of South Carolina;Autumn99, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p34
Reports on a ghost named Stella who haunts a building in West Columbia, South Carolina. Complaints of tenants at the pranks of the ghost; Background of Stella during her lifetime; Effect of the Lutheran service for the dead on the ghost.
- Ambiguous origins and indications of `poltergeists'. Houran, James // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Feb97, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p339
Discusses the phenomena attributed to recurrent spontaneous psychokinesis. Poltergeists as an example of psychokinesis; Characteristics of hauntings; Associations of frequent change in environment.
- Haunted Hall. Doane, Kathleen S. // Cincinnati Magazine;Oct2000, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p37
Provides a historical background on why the Music Hall theater in Cincinnati, Ohio, is haunted. First-hand accounts of poltergeist activity; Urban legends as to why there are ghosts in the theater; Schedule of shows for Halloween.
- THE WITCH OF SCRAPFAGGOT GREEN. HALLIDAY, ROBERT; FOXLEY, DAVID // Fortean Times;Jul2013, Vol. 303, p30
The article investigates a wartime haunting in a village in Essex, England, involving poltergeist activity, missing geese and a witch that came back from beyond the grave. The Saint Anne's Castle has been featured as a haunted pub in a radio programme on April 10, 1939. An article in the...
- Context-induced paranormal experiences: Support for Houran and Lange's model of haunting phenomena. Lange, Rense; Houran, James // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Jun97 Part 2, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p1455
Presents a study of James Houran and Rense Lange's psychological model of haunting phenomena which predicts that contextual variables alone are sufficient to induce poltergeist-like perceptions. Details on the participants; Methodology of the study; Analysis yielding significantly more intense...
- Forteana. Sieveking, Paul // New Statesman & Society;6/24/94, Vol. 7 Issue 308, p47
Reports on poltergeist phenomena in England. Elvis Presley's haunting of a flat in Tilson Gardens; Fatal accident of thieves of a car stereo cassette player; Other sightings.
- Chapter 3: Poltergeists: Unwelcome House Guests. Steiger, Brad // Real Ghosts, Restless Spirits, & Haunt Places;2003, p61
Chapter 3 of the book "Real Ghosts, Restless Spirits and Haunted Places," by Brad Steiger is presented. It investigates the violent disturbances that poltergeists, German term for noisy ghost, manifests. It explores the encounter of August Hahn, one of the most trusted members of Prince...
- Comparative Building Costs. // Buildings;Mar2013, Vol. 107 Issue 3, p60
The article compares the building costs and the renovations done on two civic/government buildings which include a public district library and a government center.
- U. of GA's Newest Renovation. // Food Management;Dec2001, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p12
Reports the building renovation in the University of Georgia in Athens. Features more seating capacities; Increase in the number of customers; Inclusion of Mexican foods in the menu.