Mich. Hospital's Bonds Lowered by Moody's
- Preventative Measures. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31288, p29
Reports that the Detroit Medical Center in Detroit, Michigan plans to close its outpatient and emergency psychiatric services by the end of January 2003. Reasons for the closure; Additional closure of facilities expected from the center; Health facility that would accommodate the patients from...
- Retired M.D.s -- a hidden gold mine. // Aging;1986, Issue 355, p4
Retired M.D.s--a hidden gold mine for elderly. The Senior Friendship Centers Health Service in Florida are staffed completely by retired doctors, nurses and office personnel. All patients are given 40-minute office visits with the volunteer medical personnel.
- The University Hospital Center.design. Bekaert, G. // Architectural Record;Jul1987, Vol. 175 Issue 8, p126
Looks at the University Hospital Center at Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium, designed by Charles Vandenhove, Architect. Design features and floor plans.
- Targeting treatment. Bobrow, M.; Thomason, J. // Architectural Record;Jun1990, Vol. 178 Issue 7, p87
Reports on the gathering crisis in health care and the move by hospitals to develop more sharply focused physical responses to a changing spectrum of social and economic forces. The health-care climate; New directions in health-care delivery; How`acute care' emerges as `critical care';...
- City health clinics may turn to managed care provider. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;12/16/96, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p30
Reports that nine neighborhood health centers in Chicago, Illinois, may be partially privatized. Role of City Hall, in this process; Comments from Deputy Public Health Commissioner, Patrick Lenihan.
- Parkinson's Clinic Gets Moving. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/21/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p3
Reports on the construction of Hauenstein Parkinson's Center in Saint Mary's Mercy Medical Center in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Pledges received by the center; Expected increase of patients.
- Establishing geriatric health centers: can the aging network successfully navigate the changing healthcare system? Iutcovich, Joyce Miller; Pratt, Donald J. // Journal of Aging Studies;May2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p231
This paper presents findings from a process evaluation of 10 demonstration geriatric health centers (GHCs) implemented in Pennsylvania, which were established through the development of partnerships among area agencies on aging, senior centers, and medical providers at the local level. The...
- Brookhaven Hospital plans Theater Party. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/26/95, Vol. 42 Issue 26, p52
Reports that the Advisory Council of Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Center in Long Island, N.Y. has announced that its Fifth Annual Theater Party will be held at the Gateway Playhouse on July 12, 1995 and will feature the musical `My Fair Lady.'
- New Open MRI at Long Beach. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/28/95, Vol. 42 Issue 35, p44
Reports on Long Island, New York-based Long Beach Medical Center's acquisition of a Magnitol Open MRI machine from Siemens. Features and functions; Patients' reactions to the machine.
- Las Vegas health care centers. // Las Vegas Business Press;06/26/95, Vol. 12 Issue 25, p10
Presents a list of the largest health care centers in Las Vegas, Nevada, as of June 26, 1995. Name of medical care facilities; Number of staff; Number of beds; Services offered; Contact information.