Pennsylvania Turnpike Gets Federal Green Light on Tollway Construction
- Pennsylvania Sells Another Piece of its Most Expensive Project. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;7/23/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31186, p36
Reports on the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission's plans to sell revenue bonds to finance an expressway project in the state. Deal structure; Appropriation from registration revenue backing the deal; Detaisl of the expressway project.
- Freeway to Go. Schurr, Arthur // Roads & Bridges;Feb2003, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the completion of I-Foothill freeway, also known as the Foothill freeway in California. Brief description of the freeway; Benefits of the freeway; Endangered species to be protected from construction processes.
- Maryland Pointe design plan receives conditional approval. Bandle, Scott // South County Journal;11/2/2011, Vol. 56 Issue 44, pA7
The article reports the approval, by Maryland Heights Planning Commission, of the 191-acre Maryland Pointe development plan to be built on the Maryland Heights Expressway under seven categories of conditions that include land use, economic sustainability, and stormwater management.
- State, feds urged to investigate I-287 project. Golden, John // Westchester County Business Journal;5/16/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 20, p14
The article reports that local officials have urged the federal government to investigate the I-287 reconstruction project due to issues concerning cost overruns and construction delays in Westchester County, New York.
- Highway robbery? Baker, Russell // Bulletin with Newsweek;6/27/95, Vol. 116 Issue 5976, p70
Reports that the growth of private-sector motorways in Australia has come under fire. Proliferation of Build-Own-Operate-Transfer (BOOT) schemes for roads; Recommendation of guidelines for BOOT projects; Budgetary constraints faced by state governments; Inability of private investors to accept...
- Europlus close to inking concession. // Malay Mail;7/18/2012, p19
The article reports that a concession deal to construct the RM7.07 billion West Coast Expressway in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, will be finalized by September 2012.
- More I-95 resurfacing begins. // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/16/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 37, p10
Reports on the reconstruction program of the I-95 Bridgeport super highway in Bridgeport, Connecticut. Schedule for the completion of the project; Need for extra travel time due to scheduled overnight lane closures; .
- M3 construction in NE Hungary on track. // Hungary A.M.;12/27/2013, p8
The article reports on the status of the construction of the motorway M3 between Or and VÃ¡sÃ¡rosnamÃ©ny in northeastern Hungary as of December 2013.
- In brief. // International Construction;Sep97, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p7
Reports on the plans to build 730 kilometers of motorways by the end of the year 2000 in Portugal.