Trinity Tries Tender Offer To Unify Debt
- 'One of the best' retiring. Merx, Katie // Crain's Detroit Business;3/22/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p3
After building a reputation as one of the nation's most respected and pioneering health care leaders, president and CEO of the company Trinity Health, Judy Pelham has decided to retire. Pelham, 58, is best known for successfully merging Mercy Health Services Inc. with Holy Cross Health System...
- HealthTrust, Holy Cross may battle with FTC to rescue Utah deal. Burda, David // Modern Healthcare;3/28/94, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p3
Reports on Holy Cross Health Services of Utah and HealthTrust's plans to oppose the Federal Trade Commission's (FTC) challenge of their acquisition plan. Sale of three not-for-profit Utah hospitals to a for-profit chain; Arguments of the advocates of the deal; Terms of the agreement; Impact of...
- Mercy Health gains award. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;06/16/97, Vol. 15 Issue 24, pB-7
Reports that Mercy Health Services Inc. was listed one of the Top 100 integrated systems for 1997 in `Hospitals and Health Networks' magazine.
- Mercy Health to move headquarters to Novi. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;04/20/98, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p3
Focuses on the relocation of Mercy Health Services Incorporated, Detroit, Michigan's largest hospital company, from Farmington Hills to Novi. Details on the company's headquarters; How Crain's Detroit Business ranked Mercy Health Services; Reference to re-zoning by the city of Novi.
- Mercy links Iowa sites. // Crain's Detroit Business;2/19/96, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p33
Reports on the establishment of Mercy Health Services Inc.'s medical care business in Iowa. Administrative and clinical information provided by the company for members in the state.
- Mercy looks for partnership to keep hospital open. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;12/13/99, Vol. 15 Issue 50, p3
Reports on the plan of Mercy Health Services Inc. to decide on the fate of Mercy Hospital in Detroit, Michigan by the end of 1999 in light of operating losses. Monthly operating losses of the hospital; Revenue of the hospital for the fiscal year ending June 30, 1999; Talks on selling or...
- Mercy may shut Detroit hospital. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;09/20/99, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p3
Reports that Mercy Health Services Inc. is considering closing Mercy Hospital in Detroit, Michigan, as one of several options to stem financial losses at the institution. Hospital's operating loss in its 1999 fiscal year; Sharing of services with other hospitals; Plan to transform Mercy into a...
- FTC still mulling HealthTrust deal. Burns, John // Modern Healthcare;2/14/94, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the Federal Trade Commission's (FTC) deliberation on HealthTrust Inc.'s purchase of Holy Cross Health Services. Hospitals involved in the deal; FTC's request for additional information on the acquisition.
- Mercy to cut 1,350 jobs. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;03/29/99, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p1
Reports on Farmington Hills, Michigan-based Mercy Health Services Inc.'s plan to cut 1,350 jobs in Michigan by June 30, 1999. Move as part of government reimbursement cuts; Two years delay on the plan to build a headquarters in Novi; Main goal for the move.