Northeastern Schools Unravel Red Tape to Give QZABs a Try
- Support continues for Clinton school construction plan. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;04/23/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30378, p36
Focuses on the legislative support for United States President Bill Clinton's plan to use federal tax credits to fund school construction bonds. Allocation of the fund to states based on percentages; Comments from legislators.
- Lawmaker Looks for Treasury Action on Stripping QSCBs' Tax Credits. // Bond Buyer;7/23/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33154, p6
The article reports on a meeting of the U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, Representative Bob Etheridge and other lawmakers. In this event, Etheridge will call on Geithner to quickly issue guidance on qualified school construction bonds (QSCBs), particularly how to strip and sell the tax...
- Rangel introduces retooled school bond bill. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;05/05/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30634, p34
Reports on Representative Charles Rangel's reintroduction of his tax-credit school bond legislation with a number of revisions designed to make it more appealing to the bond market of the United States. Bill's aim to overcome the shortcomings of the Qualified Zone Academy Bond program and the...
- QZAB expansion bill backed by Lautenberg. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;01/08/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30554, p4
Reports on the legislative support given by Senator Frank Launteberg for the expansion of the Qualified Zone Academy Bond program. Introduction of a bill to institute's the government's proposal to use federal tax credits to pay the interest on local school bonds.
- Guggenheim Likes the Taste of QSCBs, Even Ones From Detroit. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;12/31/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33242, p24
The article reports on the acquisition of Guggenheim Partners LLC on every qualified school construction bonds (QSCB) issue in Chicago, Illinois. It states that since the launch of the new type of tax-credit bond by the federal stimulus act, almost every QSCB has been purchased by Guggenheim....
- QSCBs Go Competitive in Midwest: Milwaukee School Deal Lies Ahead. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/14/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33199, p1
The article reports on the issuances of qualified school construction bonds (QSCBs) in several Midwestern school districts in Wisconsin. It states that market participants, including independent financial advisers, focus on the complexity of marketing a tax-credit bond. It notes that Sun Prairie...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;10/2/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 33989, p1
Statistics on to the U.S. securities negotiated sales as of October 2013 including 690,000 dollars of general obligation school bonds by the Oakwood Community Unit School District, 2,520,000 dollars refunding bonds by the Missouri Association of Rural Education and Tax Credit Revenue Bond.
- Plan to Expand Tax-Credit School Bond Initiatives Returns. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;8/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32204, p5
Reports on the reintroduction of a legislation by Senator John D. Rockefeller that would expand tax-credit school bond initiatives in the U.S. Permission of state, local, and tribal governments around the nation to issue more than $25 billion in taxable tax-credit bonds over two years in order...
- Foreign investor dividend concessions. Gray, Martin // Asian Business Review;Apr96, p16
Reports on the legislation in New Zealand which includes the extension of the foreign investor tax credit regime.