- Ardagh Plans $1.45B Bond Deal. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/21/2013, p2
The article reports on the launch by Luxembourg-based packaging company Ardagh Group of a two-part bond deal totaling 1.45 billion U.S. dollars, the proceeds of which will be used to help finance its acquisition of glass manufacturer Verallia North America.
- BondDesk Acquires MPA Technologies for Analytics. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;9/30/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 37, p6
Reports the acquisition of MPA Technologies for Analytics by BondBesk Group Llc in California. Emphasis on the decision of the firm to support systems for bond trading; Aims to provide bond solution for more than 60 broker-dealer participants; Use of software by analysts to make strategic...
- Noteworthy Utah deals. Langan // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/27/99, Vol. 29 Issue 14, Focus p13
Presents a chart on significant Utah deals such as stock offerings, acquisitions and bond offerings as of September 1999. Includes description of deals; Amounts raised or transaction value; Includes the initial public offering by 1-800 Contacts Inc.; Stock offering by Anesta Corp.; Acquisition...
- Telecom deals underscore data services. L.C. // High Yield Report;01/17/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p1
Reports on telecommunication firms McLeodUSA Inc. and Nextlink Communications' separate acquisitions which have major implications for the high-yield bond market.
- Determinants of bondholder wealth following corporate takeovers (1980-1988). Walker, M. Mark // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Winter94, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p12
Examines the reaction of bond prices to corporate takeovers announced during the 1980s. Determinants of bondholder wealth; Bond returns' inverse relation to issuer default risk; Variations in the returns earned by target and acquiring firm bondholders; Relationships between bond returns and...
- Takeover Speculation Pleases Holders of KeyCorp Bonds. KEENAN, CHARLES // American Banker;11/30/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 228, p29
Discusses the reactions of takeover rumors of KeyCorp of investors who own the banking company's bonds. Stability of the spread between KeyCorp bond yields and treasury yields since the company announced a restructuring plan; Improvement in the company's stock in November 1999.
- Walgreens makes big bond offer. // Chain Drug Review;11/24/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p1
The article reports that drug company Walgreen Co. has announced bond offerings in the U.S. and Europe totaling more than 10 billion dollars in order to complete its merger with Alliance Boots GmbH.
- Kimberly Green, Indiana Housing Finance Authority. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p42
Focuses on the operation of Indiana Housing Finance Authority. Increase of the availability of housing funds; Management of mortgage revenue bonds; Amount of tax-exempt bonds issued for the year 2000.
- Connecticut HFA Sells $275M for Fund. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;2/17/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33267, p4
The article reports on the plan of the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority to sell 275 million dollars of bonds to establish a revolving fund.