Tax-Backed Issues Score More 3Q Upgrades Than Revenue Debt
- Muni Issuance sets July Record. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;8/01/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31690, p1
Reports that the long-term municipal bond market in the U.S. has set a record with the largest amount of debt ever sold in July, as of August 1, 2003. Increase of 6.5 percent in the amount of debt sold over the previous July record; Growth of 36.7 percent in deals refunding outstanding bonds...
- Record Debt Sold in First Nine Months. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;10/1/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31731, p1
Reports on the decline of the sale of record debt in the first nine months of 2003 in the U.S. Amount of municipal issuers sold; Capitalization on low yields; Factor affecting the drop-off in issuance.
- As Institutional Ownership Dips in 1st Half, Households Pick Up the Slack. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;09/27/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30984, p7
Highlights the growth of household ownership of municipal bonds in the United States in the first half of 2000. Impact of the development on total outstanding municipal debt; Reduction of municipal-bond ownership by mutual funds and property and casualty insurers.
- Outstanding Muni Debt Soars to $1.6 Trillion, Boosting Holdings. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;06/13/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31159, p34
Reports the status of municipal debt in the United States. Effect of long-term debt issuance on municipal debt; Cause for the increase of municipal bonds; Implications for municipal holdings.
- New York City Forced to Get Creative In Handling Ballooning Budget Deficits. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31338, p3
Reports on the decision of the city officials for closing the projected out-year gaps for financing local government bonds in New York City. Failure to achieve debt service savings; Remarks from former comptroller Alan Hevesi on the issue; Discussion on policy changes by the officials.
- Muni Sector Sees Demand for Collateralized Debt Vehicles. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31384, p37
Reports the development of collateralized debt obligations of the municipal bond industry in Portland, Oregon. Purchase of asset portfolio; Provision of balance-sheet and capital relief; Enhancement of lending capacity.
- Outstanding Debt Reached $1.977 Trillion in 2Q, Fed Reports. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;9/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31974, p6
Reports on the increase in the total amount of municipal debt outstanding in the U.S. for the second quarter of 2004. Bond sales by state and local governments; Categories of investors.
- New Issue Stay in Short Supply, But Ohio GOs May Carry Weight. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;03/20/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30852, p8
Reports on developments related to the municipal bond market in the United States as of March 20, 2000. Ohio's planned general obligation debt deal; Maryland Community Development Administration's planned bond deals.
- Cal GO Yields Fall on Upgrade Talk. JENSEN, RANDALL // Bond Buyer;11/28/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33820, p1
The article informs that the yields of general obligation bonds of California have dropped down against top-rated municipal debt during election in November 2012.
- Record new-money volume set by municipals in 1997. Yong Lim; Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;01/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30303, p1
Reports that municipal bond issuers in the United States have increased sales of new-money debt in 1997. Citing of the possibility that trend will continue in 1998; Long-term bonds; Growing demand for public works; Ongoing trend towards state and local control of public projects; Interest rates.