California Bullet Train a Few Steps Closer to Reality
- PB On Board for $700M HSR Pact. Aragon // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/22/2015, Vol. 274 Issue 18, p15
California High-Speed Rail Authority award Parsons-Brinckerhoff-led tem $700-million program oversight contract.
- All aboard. RUMMLER, LISA // Modern Metals;Oct2009, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p44
The article reports on the proposed high-speed rail described in the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act of 2009, which, according to the U.S. Federal Railroad Administration, would involve the launch of high-speed passenger rail services in 100- to 600-mile corridors that connect...
- Digging deep. Greeman, Adrian // Construction Europe;Nov2011, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p34
The article offers information on various tunnel construction projects in Europe in 2011. It says that the 16.6 billion-euro Crossrail project in London, England has employed large consultancy firms like Arup Consultancy Engineers and Mott MacDonald Group Ltd. It says that the Brenner Pass...
- Jeb Bush: Florida's High-Speed Rail Needs Private, Not Public, Funding. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31555, p33
Reports on a campaign to be led by Florida Governor Jeb Bush to repeal the high speed train initiative if private investors do not step forward and severely limit or eliminate the need for state debt to support the project. Permission given by the governor to the Florida High Speed Rail...
- Millennium train. Goldberger, Andrew // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;12/13/99, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p3
Informs on Amtrak's Acela, the first high-speed train in the United States.
- Study presents goals, alternatives for rail plan. Watt, Katherine // Inside Tucson Business;08/03/98, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p21
Discusses the goals of the Arizona High Speed Rail Feasibility Study. Funding sources; Alternatives for the rail plan; Projections.
- East Coast hires an extra HST. // Rail Business Intelligence;4/21/2011, Issue 388, p9
The article reports on an agreement by East Midlands Trains to release a high speed train (HST) set to East Coast in order to provide enough resilience for the operation of its increased timetable from May 2, 2011.
- VIEWPOINT. Haikalis, George // Planning;Nov2000, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p50
Discusses factors that contribute to the development of a national freight and passenger rail plan in the United States. Significance of high-speed rail passenger service in central cities; Proposals for building high-speed links between major cities; Role of the federal government in the plan;...
- It's Talgo time in Milwaukee. // Railway Age;Mar2010, Vol. 211 Issue 3, p11
The article reports on the construction of a U.S. high speed trainset manufacturing facility by Talgo Inc. in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.