Heartland Advisors Slashes Net Asset Value of Two Funds
- More on the Estimation of ? for Public Utilities. Gilster, Jr., John E.; Linke, Charles M. // Financial Management (1972);Autumn78, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p60
The article focuses on the relevance of capital asset pricing model (CAPM) in public utility cases in the U.S. In a recent issue of the journal "Financial Management," economists Eugene Brigham and Roy Crum called for caution when using the CAPM to estimate the cost of equity capital of a...
- Yield, Please. Grant, James // Money;Mar99, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p68
Suggests that the current bull market has caused some basic investments to be overlooked as of March 1999. The cost of semantic confusion; The definition of yield; How investors have reoriented themselves to think in terms of dollars of appreciation per day; The market's seeming indifference to...
- YIELD MANAGEMENT APLICADO AL SECTOR HOTELERO: UN ENFOQUE DESDE EL MODELADO MATEMÃTICO. Martín, José Guadix; Giménez, Luis Onieva; Achedad, Pablo Cortés; Sanz, Jesús Muñuzuri; Ibargüen, Víctor Quesada // Cuadernos de AdministraciÃ³n (01203592);2008, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p189
Service sector companies, characterized by the simultaneous nature of service production and consumption, do not have a product storage system because their products are perishable. The philosophy behind the yield management technique is to sell each unit of stock to the right type of customer,...
- Energy Return on Investment: Toward a Consistent Framework. Mulder, Kenneth; Hagens, Nathan John // AMBIO - A Journal of the Human Environment;Mar2008, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p74
Numerous technologies have been proposed as partial solutions to our declining fossil energy stocks. There is a significant need for consistent metrics to compare the desirability of different technologies. The ratio of energy produced to energy consumed by an energy production technology--known...
- SimulaciÃ³n de distintas reglas de asignaciÃ³n de aparcamientos en un Parking. Guadix-Martín, José; Onieva-Giménez, Luis; del Carmen Delgado-Román, Ma; Esucdero-Santana, Alejandro // DYNA - IngenierÃa e Industria;oct2009, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p603
â€¢ Yield Management consists of matching supply and demand by promoting changes on prices and stock management, so the profits are maximized. Since it enhances the importance of the service industry's companies, this technique turns out to be very important. It aims to sell the correct unit...
- TJX Approves $1B Stock Repurchase Program. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/22/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 62, p2
The article reports that TJX Cos. Inc. has approved a 1 billion dollar stock buyback of its common shares. TJX states that the figure of 6.2% of the off-price retailer's outstanding common stock at current prices is projected to buy back 625 million dollars of stock in fiscal 2010. In addition,...
- INDIANA STOCKS. // Indiana Business Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p54
Focuses on Indiana stocks for 2001 and 2002. List of companies; Price as of August 2002; Price as of year-end 2001.
- Clinton's re-election could trigger a stock pullback of... Sivy, Michael // Money;Jan1996, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p136
Reports that the outcome of an election can benefit some stock performance. Three most likely election outcomes listed for the 1996 election; Stocks expected to benefit from Bill Clinton's policies. INSET: How Clinton stocks performed after the election..
- TAR HEEL STOCK WATCH. // Business North Carolina;May2003, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p12
Presents a chart price earnings of selected company stocks in North Carolina. Highest price-earning ratios; Lowest price-earning ratios.