Barnes & Noble Announces New Plans To Put Clicks In Its Bricks
- BN.com Launches E-Book Imprint. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;1/8/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 2, p9
Reports that Barnes&Noble.com will launch Barnes & Noble Digital (B&ND), an electronic publishing imprint. Efforts of the e-tailer to be the leader in the e-book industry; Royalty that B&ND will offer on the wholesale price of its titles that are sold through third-party retailers; Necessary...
- B&N, B&N.com Launch Joint Programs. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/30/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 44, p9
Offers a look at the joint programs launched by Barnes & Noble and Barnesandnoble.com in October 2000. Installation of Internet service counters and the creation of a loyalty program; Ways in which the programs help customers; Information on the membership loyalty program.
- B&N Resumes Buying B&N.com Shares. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/10/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 6, p54
Reports that Barnes & Noble Inc. (B&N) has bought shares of Barnes & Noble.com stock on January 30, 2003 and in February 2003. Value of B&.com stocks; Reason behind the stock repurchasing strategy of B&N for B&.com; Total worth of B&N.com shares owned by B&N.
- B&N to Buy More Shares of B&N.com. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;10/7/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 40, p10
Unveils the plan of Barnes & Noble to purchase the common stock of electronic retailer Barnes & Noble.com. Financial problems facing the electronic retailer.
- Barnes & Noble.com launches digital imprint. Letts, Mike; Walter, Mark // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Feb2001, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on online book retailer Barnes and Noble.com as of February 2001. Company background; Company's launch of its electronic book publishing unit Barnes and Noble Digital.
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;8/6/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p6
Reports the net sales of Barnes&Noble.com in the U.S. Comparison of sales with Amazon.com; Reduction of discounting and cut spending on marketing to improve online profit; Total operating loss of the company.
- B&N.com Grabs Majority Stake in enews. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/16/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 16, p14
Reports on the move of Barnes & Noble.com to team up with Barnes & Noble Inc. to acquire a majority interest in the Internet magazine subscription service, enews. Value of shares bought by the companies in enews; Data about enews; Decline in the cash and short-term securities of Barnes &...
- Barnes & Noble plans public offering of online unit. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/24/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 34, p8
Announces that Barnes & Noble (B&N) intends to file a registration statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission for an initial public offering of part of its barnesandnoble.com stock. Reasons for the move as a way for B&N to earn additional capital to expand its own operations and to...
- B&N.COM FOLDS ENEWS. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/26/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 34, p12
Reports on the closure of eNews, an online magazine subscription service in the U.S. Information on the owners of the service, Barnesandnoble.com and Barnes & Noble Inc.; Arrangements made for the assets of eNews; Background on eNews.