BBCWA Looking For Publishers To Help North American Expansion
- Trade and union. Lorimer, James // Books in Canada;Mar1977, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p48
Reports on the formation of the Canadian-American publishing house, McClelland and Stewart-Bantam Ltd. Publishing of Canadian-authored books in mass-market format; Company founders; Mass-market paperback policy of Canada.
- Highlights from 'Inside Report' Weiler, Derek; Anderson, Scott; Hammond, Karen; Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Jun2002, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p15
Reports developments in the book industry in Canada as of June 2002. Launch of Ontario's Waterloo on reading No Great Mischief program; Reduction in the sales force of McClelland & Stewart; Business plans of the Canadian Book Industry Supply Chain Initiative.
- M&S remainder sale angers indies. Weiler, Derek // Quill & Quire;Apr99, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p9
Reports the reaction of independent booksellers on the move of McClelland & Stewart (M&S) company to remain a number of book titles for Chapters in Canada. Reason for the move; Impact of the move on the profitability of independent booksellers; Comments on the discount policy of M&S.
- In the works. Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Mar2002, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p10
Reports developments related to book publication and launching as of March 2002. Signing of contract between the publisher McClelland & Stewart Inc. and writer AndrÃ© Alexis; Inspiration of writer Alberto Manguel in the writing the book 'Libraries'; Acquisition of Nino Ricci's book...
- HIGHLIGHTS FROM Q&Q OMNI. // Quill & Quire;Nov2007, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p25
The article offers news briefs related to the book and publishing industry of Canada. Publishers in the country are suggesting revision of book prices owing to the news of the Canadian dollar reaching parity with the U.S. McClelland & Stewart Ltd. has hired Lara Hinchberger as executive editor...
- `Auntie Beeb' heads stateside. Grose, Thomas K.; English, Carey W. // U.S. News & World Report;12/22/97, Vol. 123 Issue 24, p45
Reports the launch of BBC America, a cable-television channel in partnership with Discovery Communications. The aim to find new revenue streams to help the BBC compete internationally; Other subsidaries of the BBC.
- BBC SHOWS MAKE PBS SPLASH. Weisman, Jon // Daily Variety;2/28/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 40, p13
The article reports on the finalization of sales on more than 200 hours nationwide by BBC Worldwide Americas Inc. through its BBC Showcase Syndication event.
- In the Works. pendlove, Paul // Quill & Quire;Mar2003, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p12
Reports on developments related to book industries and trade as of March 2003. Book for which writer Kenneth Oppel has signed a contract with the company HarperCollins Canada; Merilyn Simonds' book that is expected to be published by McClelland & Stewart Inc. in Spring 2004; Company that has...
- More talk, less rock at London Book Fair. MacDonlad, Scott // Quill & Quire;May2005, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p18
This article presents information on deals struck by Canadian agents at the London Book Fair, held in London, England. One major international deal was completed by Marilyn Biderman, director of subsidiary rights and contracts at McClelland & Stewart Ltd., who sold Great Britain's rights to...