New Times Books' First List Covers Race, Business, Health And Writing
- NYT to Urge Reporters To Write for Times Books. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;6/10/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 23, p10
Reports on the plan of 'New York Times' to review its book policy about its reporters who write books for imprints other than Times Books company. Stance of 'New York Times' executive editor Howell Raines on the proposal; Speculations on the implications of the plan.
- Changing Industry? On The Bestseller Lists It Was Deja vu All Over Again. // Book Publishing Report;01/08/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p1
Presents an annual review of the 'New York Times' newspaper's 2000 bestseller lists. Consumer publishers that dominated the lists; Categories of authors that had the longest stints on the fiction lists; Top authors in the non-fiction lists.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORE CARD THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;Sep2003, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p7
Presents the top players in the 'New York Times' bestseller scorecard for publishers in the United States as of September 2003. HarperCollins; Simon & Schuster; Penguin Group USA; Time Warner; Holtzbrinck.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORE CARD NO. 1 TITLES WITH LONGEVITY. // Book Publishing Report;Sep2003, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p8
Presents the top players in the 'New York Times' bestseller scorecard for leading titles with longevity in the United States as of September 2003. 'Atkins for Life,' by Robert C. Atkins; The South Beach Diet,' by Arthur Agatson; 'The Purpose-Driven Life,' by Rick Warren; 'Suzzane Somers' Fast...
- Joining forces: Unlikely bedfellows and shotgun marriages. Arnold, Stephen E.; Arnold, Erik S. // Searcher;Feb98, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p12
Reports about the strategic relationship of `The New York Times' and the book company Barnes and Noble aimed at marketing books online. Reactions of small bookstore owners on the partnership; Reasons why Barnes and Noble approve the partnership; Information about the marketing of books online;...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORE CARD THE AGENTS. // Book Publishing Report;Sep2003, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p8
Presents the top players in the 'New York Times' bestseller scorecard for agents in the United States as of September 2003. Jan Miller of Dupree, Miller & Associates Inc.; Richard Pine from Arthur Pine Associates Inc.; Hiroko Kliffner of Flaming Star Literary Enterprises; David Vigliano from...
- LITERATURE AND ARTS. REILLY, JOSEPH J. // America;12/19/1936, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p258
The article discusses the highlights of the National Book Fair held in 1936 by "The New York Times." The event featured a modern library living room which contained books chosen by leaders in American life and letters. The leaders were asked to select books that should be in every American home...
- Mysteries Dominating Hardcover Fiction List. // Book Publishing Report;2/6/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p7
The article compares how book publishers fared in the "New York Times" hardcover fiction list as of January 2006. Random House's "The Da Vinci Code" is on top of the list. Penguin Group has W. E. B. Griffin's mystery "The Hostage" as its top title on the list. Time Warner has "Mary, Mary," by...
- Suit leads to new housing ad policy. // Black Enterprise;Dec93, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p26
States that a suit brought against the `New York Times' charging a violation of federal fair housing laws resulted in the paper adopting a new policy on housing advertisements. Suit brought by four African-Americans; Details of the settlement.