- McDowell Energy convicted in Workers' Comp case. // Coal Age;Jun97, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p13
Reports that marking the first conviction under a 1993 felony law designed to collect debts owed to the fund, McDowell Energy Incorporated was charged of defrauding the West Virginia Division of Workers' Compensation. How much money McDowell Energy stole from the division; Number of felony...
- Fairfax County, Va., to Vote on $246M School Bond This Fall. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/18/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32199, p26
Reports on the proposal for school construction and renovation bond referendum on the November 2005 ballot in Fairfax County, Virginia. Approval of the borrowing plans by local officials; History of bond-related propositions; Allocation of funds for the construction projects.
- Texas Committee Considers Ban on Unfunded Mandates. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/14/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32528, p6
The article reports on the suggestion of the Local Government Ways and Means Committee of the Texas House that legislators should consider prohibiting unfunded state or federal mandates. In a report submitted by the committee to the members of the 80th Texas Legislature says that increased...
- Municipal credit ratings survive economic downturn. Puchalla, John // American City & County;May2001, Vol. 116 Issue 7, p26
Covers the factors that help the finance of local government units in the United States during economic decline. Conservative budgeting; Tax-revenue growth; Illustration on the problem of the energy crisis in California.
- A DOLLAR, A DREAM. McGrath, Ben // New Yorker;5/26/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 13, p37
Comments on the proposed use of gambling as source of state funding in the U.S. Proposal of New York Governor George Pataki to install video slot machines in Off-Track Betting parlors; Recommendation of Arkansas statesman Jim Lendall to use taxpayer's money in lottery; Argument on the benefits...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;3/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31344, p29
Reports developments related public finance in the U.S. Southeast region. Plan of Miami-Dade County to issue aviation revenue bonds; Decline of total revenue collections in the state of Georgia; Refusal of the Kentucky County Debt Commission over the proposed bond anticipation note deal for the...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Williamson, Richard; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31453, p27
Reports developments related to public finance in the U.S. as of August 2002. Agreement between private conservation organization to buy lands by the Air Force Base in Maricopa County; Struggles on economic crises with budget deficits in Arizona; Considerations on industrial development revenue...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31484, p2
Reports developments related to public finance in the U.S. as of October 2002. Establishment of the structurally balanced financial operations; Stabilization of the fund balance reserve levels; Decrease of the rate on revenue bonds.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/21/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31454, p29
Reports development in public finance in the U.S. as of August 2002. Announcement of the budget proposal in St. Paul, Minnesota; Selection of several Illinois towns as sites of the proposed stadium; Rejection of the appeal of the urban homeowners on the sale of homes to Chicago.