Congress Set to Delay Budget Talks to Nov. 14
- Hill aides: Plan to rush cap increase has best odds of enactment. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/25/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30814, p5
Reports on the bond-related proposal that has the potential of becoming a law in the 2000 United States congressional session. Impact of the proposal on the private-activity bond volume cap; Congressional efforts to raise the volume cap; Effect of proposed tax bills on bond-related proposals;...
- House Passes Muni-Friendly Tax Bill With Cloudy Future. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;10/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31005, p1
Reports on the United States House of Representative's passage of a tax bill containing significant package of municipal bond-related provisions. Taxable tax-credit school construction bonds; Arbitrage provisions for tax-exempt school bonds; Provisions of the bill.
- Groups urge Senate to pass tax bill easing bond curbs. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;10/01/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30490, p4
Reports that several state, local, and bond market groups are urging the United States Senate to pass tax-cut legislation that would raise the private activity bond cap and ease arbitrage rebate restrictions for school bonds. Tax-exempt bond provisions in the pending Taxpayer Relief Act of...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;7/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31671, p4
Focuses on status of various laws and legislation on bonds introduced in the 108th U.S. Congress. Statements of the current law and proposed law.
- Riders Drown Bill, But Proposed Cap, Credit Hikes Live. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;09/22/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30981, p5
Reports on the United States Senate Finance Committee's postponement of action of community renewal legislation. Increase in the private-activity bond volume cap and the low-income housing tax credit; Provisions of the legislation.
- Bill for Sales of 'Unity Bonds' Near Adoption by Congress. Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;9/26/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 185, p3
Reports that the United States Congress is expected to adopt a compromise legislation soon that would let the Treasury Department issue, and many banks sell, Unity Bonds that would be akin to war bonds used to fund the Allied effort during World War II. Plan to use proceeds in the recovery...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;8/7/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32439, p26
The article presents a list of the status of various legislation in the United States. The list includes the Transportation Equity Act, an amendment to the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide tax-exempt financing of highway projects and rail-truck transfer facilities, the Railroad...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;11/26/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32760, p35
The article presents the "The Bond Buyer" Legislative Status Report in the U.S. in 2007. The report outlines proposed legislative bills and corresponding current and proposed laws and current status. Among the bills are S. 2021 Build America Bonds Act, Extend the Qualified Zone Academy Bond...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;10/24/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32244, p31
Reports on the status of bond legislation in the U.S. Approval of the Hurricane Katrina Tax Relief Act of 2005; Proposed exemption on victims in the disaster areas from both the first time buyer requirement and the purchase price and income limitations; Provision introduced by the Senate on...