Fed Beige Book: Growth Moderate
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Ferris, Craig T.; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;12/20/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31537, p2
Presents news briefs pertaining to the U.S. economy. Amount of decrease in first-time applications for state unemployment benefits; Details of the rise in the composite index of leading economic indicators; Statistics pertaining to the general business conditions index of the Federal Reserve...
- Chicago Fed Index Slumps to +0.19. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p2
Reports on the decline of the Chicago Fed National Activity Index for August 2004, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Chicago Fed NAI Falls to+0.16 In July. // Bond Buyer;8/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32200, p2
Reports on the decline of the Chicago Fed national activity index in July 2005, from a revised positive reading in June, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Philadelphia Fed Index Jumps to 17.5 in Aug. // Bond Buyer;8/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32200, p2
Reports on the growth of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia's general business conditions index in August 2005.
- Expansion picks up steam. Strauss, William; Kaza, Avinash // Chicago Fed Letter;Feb2004 Special Issue, Issue 199a, p1
Presents the outlook of economics who attended a symposium hosted by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago on the economy of the United States in 2004. Expansion of the country's economy in 2002 and 2003; Sustainability of economic growth after the end of major fighting in the war in Iraq;...
- U.S. Monetary Policy: An Introduction. // FRBSF Economic Letter;1/23/2004, Vol. 2004 Issue 2, p1
This article presents an introduction to the goal of the U.S. monetary policy. This is the second of four consecutive issues devoted to the monetary policy. It deals with the issues like the structure of Federal Reserve, the tools of the U.S. monetary policy, the goals of the U.S. monetary...
- U.S. economic growth seems to be accelerating. Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;9/2/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 37, p10
According to the regional surveys by the New York and Philadelphia Federal Reserve Banks showed American factories are placing more orders and hiring workers to increase production. Rising investment in new equipment and gains in payroll suggest the economy is accelerating after last quarter's...
- Chicago Fed Survey Sees Growth Slowing. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;12/7/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32024, p2
The article reports that the U.S. economic growth, as measured by gross domestic product (GDP), will be more moderate in 2005 as compared to 2004, with less inflation and a lower unemployment rate. This prediction came from a consensus of participants at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago's...
- Statistical Supplement to the Federal Reserve BULLETIN. // Statistical Supplement to the Federal Reserve Bulletin;Oct2007, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p1
This publication is a statistical supplement to the "Federal Reserve Bulletin" designed as a compact source of U.S. economic and financial data. It presents several tables that reflect the data available as of the second week of October 2007, including reserves and money stock measures, factors...