With New Focus, Prudential Ends Senior-Managed Deals
- Did Prudential Burn Taxpayers? Pare, Terence P. // Fortune;11/13/1995, Vol. 132 Issue 10, p50
Ponders whether scandal-ridden Prudential Securities Inc. can stay out of the spotlight of the scandal-troubled world of municipal finance. Investigations by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Justice Department in an effort to control the trillion-dollar municipal finance...
- Battered but Still Standing, Pru Securities Streamlines its Operations and Ambitions. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/24/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 30, p3
Focuses on the problems that assailed Prudential Securities Inc. in the first half of 2000. Closure of junk bond desk; Raiding of the company's longtime asset-backed securities professionals; Public accusation of bungling the December 1999 takeover of Volpe Brown Whelan and Co.; Streamlining of...
- Prudential Adds Three to Research Team. // Bond Buyer;2/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31326, p38
Reports on the addition of Linda Ebrahim, Steven Levy and Mitchell Savader by Prudential Securities to its municipal bond research team. Interest of client in investment opportunities emerging in the municipal bond market; Job responsibilities of three people; Previous work experience of...
- Pru's new Muni Campaign. Birger, Jon // Crain's New York Business;01/04/99, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p7
Profiles Stanley Grayson, head of the public finance unit at Prudential Securities in New York City. Career highlights; Outlook for the company's municipal bond underwriting business; Obstacles facing Grayson in reviving the firm's public finance unit.
- Low Fees and $24.94 Commissions Propel New Prudential Program. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Jun99, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p13
Reports on the Prudential Advisor Program launched by Prudential Securities. Strategic goals of Prudential Advisor; Statement issued by Charles Perkins, chief spokesman of Prudential Securities; Significance of the program to clients.
- A Friend in the Business. Konig, Susan // On Wall Street;Aug2000, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p64
Profiles Henry Luskey, a financial adviser at Prudential Securities' Fort Worth, Texas branch. Assets under management of Luskey; Educational background of Luskey; Career background of luskey.
- Dealers Should Think Twice Before Exiting Bond Business. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31024, p38
Focuses on the closure of Prudential Securities Inc.'s public finance department. Declines in new-issue volumes; Cutbacks in municipal bond departments.
- Prudential Reinforces Florida Operation, Hires New VP. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;03/27/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30857, p4
Focuses on the plans by Prudential Securities Inc. to boost its public finance operation in Miami, Florida. Executives appointed to manage the operation; Stages of the company's expansion plan.
- These are your father's muni guys: Industry shows its age. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;06/01/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30652, p1
Reports on the difficulties of hiring municipal bond market professionals in the United States. Business graduates interested in municipal bonds; Effects of talent drought on the industry.