Seeking A Broadband Identity
- Iospan Braces For U.S. Trial. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;06/04/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p34
Reports that the San Jose, California-based Iospan Wireless Inc. is continuing its push to bring next-generation fixed wireless gear to the market. Investors in Iospan Wireless; Role of Iospan President and Chief Executive Officer Levent Gun in plotting the firm's future; Basis of Iospan's...
- Iospan completes field trials. // RCR Wireless News;1/14/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p7
Reports that Iospan Wireless Inc. has completed a field demonstration of a non-line-of-sight fixed wireless network utilizing its Air Burst Multiple Output Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing technology. Objective of the field trials; Results of the trial.
- Focusing Next-Gen Broadband. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p30
Reports that Iospan Wireless Inc. is one of the companies touting the non-line-of-sight (LOS) fixed wireless standard. Information on the company's technology; Expectation from non-LOS standard; Iospan's alliance with Powerwave Technologies Incorporated.
- Iospan Prepares an 'AirBurst.' Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;11/06/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p51
Reports on San Jose, California-based Iospan Wireless Inc.'s plan to introduce its AirBurst wireless broadband technology as of November 6, 2000. Background on the wireless broadband technology with non-line-of-sight features.
- Iospan, Powerwave enter product development agreement. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;8/13/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p27
Announces that Iospan Wireless Inc. and Powerwave Technologies Inc. have joined forces to develop AirBurst-compatible broadband power amplifiers to enhance deliver of non-line-of-site fixed-wireless communications. Terms of the partnership deal; Aim of the AirBurst technology; Implications for...
- Iospan ceases operations, assets bought. // RCR Wireless News;3/3/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p21
Reports on the closure of Iospan Wireless in San Jose, California as of March 2003. Acquisition of the company by Intel Corp. and PrimeWave Communications; Services offered by Iospan.
- Gigabit changes name, offers non-line-of-site offering for MMDS. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p40
Reports on the efforts of San Jose, California-based telecommunications company Gigabit Wireless in venturing into the wireless broadband market.
- Products. // RCR Wireless News;3/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p52
Introduces new products in the cellular telephone service industry as of March 11, 2002. Patent received by Iospan Wireless Inc. for optimizing the use of multiple antennas in a wireless system; Efforts of Anite Telecoms Inc. to improve the general packet radio system and global system for...
- UWC. M.P.D. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jun2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p17
Highlights the fourth annual Global Summit of the Universal Wireless Communications Consortium held from April 26-28, 2000. Attendees' preoccupation with defining business strategies for third generation (3G) services; Number of time division multiple access subscribers worldwide as of the end...