Online Brokerages Trade Wireless Stock Options
- A bumper of a November. Murrill, Maureen // BRW;12/13/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p21
Reports on equity trading in the Australian Stock Exchange during November 2001. Comparison with the results in June 2001; Discussion on the dismissal of employees at Merrill Lynch.
- Merrill creating new system to handle European stocks. Marjanovic, Steven // American Banker;12/16/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 239, p14
Reports that Merrill Lynch & Co. is creating a system to handle European stocks. Support to European equity business; Provisions of the Maastricht Treaty of 1992.
- Brokerage stocks vs. S&P 500. // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/15/99, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p12
Presents graphical data pertaining to the performance of brokerage stocks compared with the S&P 500 stock index.
- The Week Ahead >> Enough already. // Inter@ctive Week;08/14/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 32, p58
Focuses on the rating of business-to-consumer stocks by Merrill Lynch & Co. Incorporated's Henry Blodget. Sample of Internet stocks downgraded by Blodget; Stock rating classification.
- Raising Goliath: Merrill Lynch is the odds-on favorite. Sraeel, Holly // U.S. Banker;Mar2000, Vol. 110 Issue 3, p5S
Comments on traditional brokerage firm Merrill Lynch's efforts to establish a foothold on electronic stock trading in the United States. Description of the firm's Unlimited Advantage and ML Direct Internet trading services; Financial performance of the two services.
- CHARLES SCHWAB THROWS A CURVE AT WALL STREET ESTABLISHMENT. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Jun2002, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the decision of former research analyst Charles Schwab to offer stock-research advice and to grade stocks on a curve. Basis of Schwab's curving of grades of stocks; Criticism made by Merrill Lynch against Schwab.
- New IRAs pitched by Prudential and Lynch. Arndorfer, James B. // Advertising Age;2/23/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p47
Comments on the 1998 advertising campaigns of Prudential Securities, Merrill Lynch & Co. and Fidelity Investments for the Roth Individual Retirement Account (IRA), which allows investors to make after-tax contributions up to 100 percent of their total compensation or $2,000, whichever is less. ...
- Pressure for BL buyback as NAV discount hits 42%. // Estates Gazette;9/7/2002, Issue 236, p53
Reports that British Land is still uncertain upon a share buyback program as share price discount decline to net asset value in 2002. Views of Merrill Lynch analysts on the issue; Commitment of British Land to buy back its shares; Reason for the imminent rise in British Land available capital.
- MARKET FOCUS. Velocci, Jr., Anthony L. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/16/2003, Vol. 158 Issue 24, p40
The article presents weekly market performance of various companies in aviation industry. Orders for new commercial aircraft are likely to fall in 2004. And as analyst Adam Weiner pointed out, the cyclical upturn in aircraft production tends to lag the recovery in air travel by 3-5 years....