Earnings Reflect Healthy BellSouth-SBC Venture
- DEPT. OF JUSTICE CLEARS BELLSOUTH/SBC WIRELESS JOINT VENTURE. // RBOC Update;Oct2000, p4
Reports the clearance of the joint venture of SBC Communications Inc. and Bellsouth Corporation by the United States Department of Justice. Integration of domestic wireless operations for the creation of a national wireless company; Views on the approval of the plan; Profile of SBC...
- SBC/BellSouth venture hits speed bump. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;07/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p23
Reports on the impact of the objection of small Michigan-based cellular phone operator on the progress of the efforts of the joint venture between BellSouth Corp. and SBC Communications Inc. to create the sixth nationwide wireless carrier.
- Ethernet gets active in its pitch against PON. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;9/13/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 16, p40
Reports on key controversies pertaining to the joint venture among three telecommunication companies in the U.S, SBC Communications, Verizon Communications and BellSouth in the deployment of a passive optical network architecture using minimal electronics for communication. Criticisms on the...
- One Cingular transition... Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;10/9/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 15, p8
Reports on Cingular Wireless, the joint venture between the wireless units of SBC Communications and BellSouth Corp., which focuses on establishing its leadership and corporate integrating in the U.S. Launch of a national advertising campaign by Cingular to prepare customers for the change;...
- 6 years ago this monthâ€¦. // RCR Wireless News;4/10/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p34
The article provides information on an event in the history of the telecommunication industry. In 2000, BellSouth Corp. and SBC Communications announced plans to create a wireless joint venture that would later become Cingular Wireless. The plans positioned the joint venture as the...
- BellSouth-SBC Puts Out the Call. Siebert, T.W. // Adweek Southeast Edition;08/14/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p3
Reports that eight advertising agencies were contacted for review for the wireless joint venture between SBC Communications and BellSouth. List of the agencies contacted by Wanamaker, the consultancy firm that conducts the review; Why DDB and Campbell-Ewald declined to participate; Reasons for...
- One Name, One Company. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/09/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 41, p1
Focuses on Cingular Wireless, the joint venture company of BellSouth Corp. and SBC Communications. Significance of the company to BellSouth; Details on the branding and advertising of the company.
- DOJ requires SBC-BellSouth divestiture. // RCR;09/04/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p21
Focuses on the condition of the Justice Department for SBC Communications Inc. and BellSouth Corp. to divest a number of their wireless licenses nationwide for their joint venture.
- Filling In The Footprint. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;08/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 32, p28
Reports on the unnamed wireless venture between SBC Communications Inc. and BellSouth Corp. in the United States to rival Verizon Wireless. Responsibility of Stephen Carter, president of the venture; Services to be offered by the company; Potential subscribers of the venture; Plan introduced by...