Green Light For Geoworks' Growth
- Geoworks unveils wireless-extension solution. Bruno, Antony // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p58
Introduces several wireless-extension solutions for application service providers by Geoworks Corp. in the United States. Role of Mobile ASP in the application development process; Components of Mobile ASP; Use of Premion Server technology in optimizing data formats; Functions of notification...
- Getting Crabby Over WAP. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;02/14/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p3
Comments on the Wireless Application Protocol Forum held in Rome in February 2000. Controversy on its intellectual property rights; Details on the plan of Geoworks Corp. to charge a license fee for large companies.
- ASPs steal thunder. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;03/06/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 10, p70
Deals with the impact of application service providers (ASP) on wireless communications operators. Impact of ASP on wireless operators' profits; Effect of ASP on airtime of wireless operators; Services offered by ASP Geoworks; Target market of ASP Wysdom. INSETS: Briefly;Portal play.
- Business briefs. // RCR;02/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p49
Reports on developments related to wireless telecommunications industry as of February 1, 1999. Includes product interoperability tests conducted by Geoworks Corp. and APiON Ltd.; L-3 Communications' planned public offering.
- Geoworks Claim Its WAP Rights. // Wireless Week;01/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the doubling of the market capitalization of wireless data company Geoworks Corp. Reason for the doubling of the company's market capitalization; Annual fee that will be charged by Geoworks for companies with more than one million revenue.
- BellSouth Wireless Data to use Geoworks' AirBoss. // RCR Wireless News;11/27/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p20
Reports on the launching of a wireless Web proxy server and microbrowser based on Geoworks Corp.'s AirBoss technology by BellSouth Wireless Data LLP.
- Wingin' It. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;07/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 29, p24A
Reports on the search of wireless application service providers (WASP) in the United States for growth areas for their business. Market opportunities for WASP Modular product of Geoworks Corp.; Customers of Wysdom Inc.; Content services offered by Xypoint Corp.
- In Brief. // Wireless Review;02/01/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p14
Presents news briefs related to the wireless communications industry as of February 2001. Settlement of the patent dispute between Openwave and Geoworks; Use of SiGEM antennas to map the Lauberhorn 2001, a World Cup downhill ski race in Switzerland.
- Multimedia middlemen. Kopf, David // America's Network;02/01/98, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p40
Discusses how the Prism server software from Spyglass Inc. and the Wireless Web Access from Geoworks approach several issues concerning wireless Internet access technology. Functions of the Prism in the area of adapting Internet content with different devices; Vendors and service providers who...