Lucent's New Leader Touts 'Execution'
- Can He Save Lucent? Insana, Ron // Money;Oct2001, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p67
Interviews Henry Schacht, a former chief executive officer at Lucent who came out of retirement to assist the company in 2001. Belief of Schacht that Lucent will become profitable after restructuring despite his view that the downturn in the telecom sector will not improve quickly; Topics of...
- Lucent's swoon. Mehta, Stephanie N. // Fortune International (Europe);11/27/2000, Vol. 142 Issue 12, p64
Reports on the financial situation of telecommunication equipment maker Lucent Technologies since it spun off of AT&T in 1996. Speculation as to why its 2000 fourth-quarter sales have had a minimal increase; Discussion of the role of Henry Schacht, the chief executive officer of Lucent; Efforts...
- Conversations. // Corporate Board;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 19 Issue 109, p32
Interviews Henry Schacht, chairman at Lucent Technologies. Process of formation of the Lucent board; Specific qualifications for dealing with company needs; Innovation in board practices; Board committees; Lessons learned in building a new board since the company's independence.
- Lucent brings McGinn to helm. // Telephony;10/13/97, Vol. 233 Issue 15, p18
Reports that Richard McGinn has succeeded Henry Schacht as chief executive officer of Lucent Technologies. Background information on McGinn and Schact.
- Lucent CEO salary. // Crain's New York Business;01/06/97, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p26
Presents information on Lucent Technologies Incorporated's chief executive Henry Schacht and his earnings for eight months in 1996. Amount earned by Schacht; Estimated amount to be received in bonuses; Other benefits received by Schacht.
- Lessons from the Lucent Debacle. Mehta, Stephanie N.; Gashurov, Irene // Fortune;2/5/2001, Vol. 143 Issue 3, p143
Focuses on Lucent Technologies and chief executive officer (CEO) Henry Schacht. Losses of the company in 2000; Details of Lucent's growth strategy and risky practices, including the so-called vendor-financing arrangements; Challenges facing Schacht in rebuilding the company.
- Ex-CEOs Say They're Back for Love, Not Money. Koudsi, Suzanne // Fortune International (Europe);11/27/2000, Vol. 142 Issue 12, p21
Reports on former chief executive officers (CEO) who are returning to their old companies. Description of Henry Schacht who returned to Lucent Technologies; Suggestion that CEOs return out of obligation, a desire to protect their legacy, or a craving for power; Discussion of CEOs salary when...
- Lucent dismisses McGinn, former CEO takes reins. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p18
Reports that Lucent Technologies Inc. will replace Richard McGinn with Henry Schacht as its chief executive officer.
- LUCENT OUSTS CEO AS PROFITS SAG. Evans, James // InfoWorld;10/30/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p10
Reports that Lucent Technologies Inc. dismissed Henry Schacht as its chief executive officer. Reason for his dismissal; Financial report of the company.