Hollings' Measure Nixed From Spending Bill
- Hollings foreign-ownership amendment dead. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p28
Reports on the rejection of United States legislator Ernest Hollings' proposed legislation that would allow government-owned companies to purchase U.S. telecommunications assets and compete within the deregulated telecommunication market.
- Overdue notice. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/7/94, Vol. 124 Issue 6, p66
Editorial. Comments on telecommunications infrastructure bill introduced by Senator Ernest Hollings. Opinion of Hollings regarding the bill; Broadcasters and wireless world in telecommunications.
- Bells, CLECs Clash Over 'Separation' Grebb, Michael // Multichannel News;8/27/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p3
Describes the Telecommunications Fair Competition Enforcement Act of 2001 introduced by U.S. Senator Ernest Hollings. Effect on broadband and local-telephone marketplace; Cable operators' unwillingness to enter phone markets.
- Infobahn blowout feared. Wharton, Dennis // Variety;8/8/94, Vol. 356 Issue 2, p32
Reports on the struggle of Senator Ernest Hollings to jump-start the legislation aimed at overhauling of the United States communication law. Inclusion of the bill in President Bill Clinton's information highway agenda; Battle between telephone companies and long distance providers; Implication...
- Imported Risks. Rockhold, John // Wireless Review;02/01/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p51
Deals with the challenges faced by foreign telecommunication carriers in the United States (U.S.). Foreign telecommunication carriers that aim to get leadership in the U.S. telecommunication market; Limitations to foreign investments under the Telecommunications Act of 1934; Legislation...
- Chief author of Telecommunications Bill explains why and... Marks, Alexandra // Christian Science Monitor;2/6/96, Vol. 88 Issue 49, p13
Presents a phone interview with Senator Ernest Hollings, in which he explains why the Telecommunications Reform Bill was needed and what it will mean to consumers. Questions asked to him by the author; Answers given.
- NAB, Alliance at odds over flexibility. CM // Broadcasting & Cable;8/8/94, Vol. 124 Issue 32, p40
Reports on the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) and advanced television group Grand Alliance's disagreement over Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee Chairman Ernest Hollings' telecommunications bill. Grand Alliance's complaint against the bill's spectrum flexibility...
- Claiming Klein misread telecom act, Hollings holds nomination. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;06/09/97, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p14
Details the intentions of Senator Ernest Hollings of the Senate Commerce Committee regarding the telecom act. Hollings' opposition to the nomination of Joel Klein; Criticism of Klein by Maury Lane, a spokesman for Hollings; Hollings' motives for supporting the passage of the telecom act;...
- Viewpoint. Ford, Tracy Anderson // RCR;06/09/97, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p39
Opinion. Discusses the efforts of Senator Ernest Hollings to delay the nomination of Joel Klein to head the antitrust division of the Justice Department. Speculation regarding Hollings' motives for delaying the nomination; Significance of the Telecommunications Act of 1996; Criticism of...