Cellport Clinches Cisco's Cash
- Emerson, Cisco collaborate on wireless applications. // Control Engineering;Oct2007, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p36
The article reports on the collaboration between Emerson Process Management and networking equipment supplier Cisco on wireless applications in process manufacturing environments. It notes that such collaboration will lead to more rapid development of open-standard solutions for wireless process...
- Untitled. Ashford, Warwick // Computer Weekly;9/8/2009, p30
The article reports on the deal between computer companies Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP) and Cisco Systems Inc. on the proposed competing standards for managing communications in virtualized data centers. The deal would allow the two companies to support both forms of distributed or centralized...
- Intel/Cisco: wireless partnership. // MarketWatch: Technology;Oct2005, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p7
This article reports that Intel Corp. and Cisco Systems Inc. have announced an enlargement to their current alliance designed to provide additional capabilities to improve the reliability of wireless local area networks (WLAN) and deliver better quality services. Intel and Cisco have developed a...
- Cisco, Microsoft face off over UC. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;3/26/2007, Vol. 248 Issue 5, p12
The article focuses on the competition between Microsoft Corp. and Cisco Systems Inc. for the unified communications (UC) market, which resulted to their move of buying telecom equipment vendors. Cisco revealed its acquisition of conference applications seller WebEx days after Microsoft's...
- Cisco, Intel, T-Mobile use 3 countries to test technology
combinations. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;3/1/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p12
Deals with the decision of telecommunication companies Cisco Systems Inc., Intel Corp., and T-Mobile in March 2004 to test a mobile system that will allow a single wireless device to combine several telecommunications technology. Countries that will be used to test the technology project;...
- Nextel, Cellport Deliver Hands-Free Solution. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;10/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p37
Focuses on a deal between Nextel Communications Inc. and Cellport Systems Inc. to deliver hands-free, in-vehicle solution to wireless subscribers. Terms of the agreement; Overview of hands-free products to be offered under the deal; Significance of the deal to the wireless industry.
- Hands-free GPS Combo. // Wireless Week;05/21/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p16
Reports on the integrated hands-free system with Global Positioning System location technology demonstrated by Cellport Systems Incorporated and Airbiquity Incorporated.
- Aether, Data Critical form alliance. // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p8
Focuses on the alliance formed by Aether Systems Inc. and Data Critical Corp., a provider of wireless communications to the health-care industry.
- PointBase teams with Microware. // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p30
Reports on the teamup of mobile wireless data management product supplier PointBase Inc. with embedded real-time operating software provider Microwave Systems Corp. to address the emerging market for mobile wireless data applications.