Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia
- Disseminated Coagulopathy Associated with Transtorcular Embolization of Vein of Galen Aneurysm in a Neonate. Charafeddine, Lama; Numaguchi, Yuji; Sinkin, Robert A // Journal of Perinatology;Jan1999, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p61
We describe in this report the development of disseminated intravascular coagulopathy in a neonate after transtorcular embolization of an unusual vein of Galen aneurysm. This rare but potentially fatal complication associated with transtorcular embolization should be considered in...
- Peripheral vascular malformations: diagnosis and percutaneous management. // Canadian Association of Radiologists Journal;Aug2001, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p242
Focuses on the diagnosis and percutaneous management of peripheral vascular malformations (VM). Classification systems used in VM nomenclature; Pathogenesis of VM; Use of embolization therapy in VM management.
- Hemophilic Pseudotumor Treated with Transcatheter Arterial Embolization: Case Report. Pisco, João M.; Garcia, Vasco L.; Martins, José M.; Mascarenhas, António M. // Angiology;Dec1990, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p1070
A case of pseudotumor in the wing of the iliac bone of a fifty-one-year-old man with hemophilia A successfully treated with transcatheter arterial embolization is reported.
- Postpartum haemorrhage from ruptured pseudoaneurysm: efficacy of transcatheter arterial embolisation using N-butyl-2-cyanoacrylate. Kim, Gyoung; Yoon, Chang; Seong, Nak; Kang, Sung-Gwon; Kim, Young-Joo // European Radiology;Aug2013, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p2344
Objectives: To evaluate the efficacy of transcatheter arterial embolisation (TAE) using N-butyl-2-cyanoacrylate (NBCA) in the treatment of postpartum haemorrhage (PPH) due to ruptured pseudoaneurysm. Methods: From March 2004 to December 2010, 33 patients underwent TAE using NBCA for massive PPH....
- Epistaxis in patients with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia treated with selective arterial embolization. Trojanowski, Piotr; Jargiełł, Tomasz; Trojanowska, Agnieszka; Klatka, Janusz // Acta Radiologica;Oct2011, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p846
Background: Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia (HHT) is a rare systemic fibrovascular dysplasia also known as Rendu-Osler-Weber disease. Epistaxis is often the first and foremost symptom of the disease and recurrent epistaxis is the main complaint. Purpose: Evaluation of effectiveness and...
- High-flow Neonatal Macrocerebral Arteriovenous Fistulas in Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia. IIZUKA, Y.; MURATA, N.; KOHDA, E.; TSUTSUMI, Y.; NOSAKA, S.; MOROTA, N.; KONISHI, Y. // Neuroradiology Journal;Oct2011, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p772
Although some cases of vein of Galen aneurysmal malformation (VGAM) present initial clinical symptoms such as cardiopulmonary disturbance in the neonatal period, pial arteriovenous fistula is very seldom present as a clinical symptom immediately after birth. A neonatal patient, the first-born to...
- Molecular and Pharmacologic Profile of Tinzaparin and A Comparable Low-Molecular-Weight Bacterial Sulfaminoheparosan. Maddineni, Jyothi; Qing Ma; Hoppensteadt, Debra A.; Demir, Muzaffer; Manoni, Marco; Cornelli, Umberto; Fareed, Jawed // Clinical & Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis;Jan2004, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p27
Low-molecular-weight heparins (LMWH) represent depolymerized porcine mucosal heparin derivatives, which are commonly used for the management of thrombotic disorders. Because of their widespread usage, the supplies of the raw material namely unfractionated heparin are nearly exhausted. Porcine...
- PICTURE QUIZ TELANGIECTASIA. // Pulse;4/16/2008, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p28
A quiz concerning the diagnosis in each case of telangiectasia is presented.
- Hemorrhagic Hereditary Telangiectasia and Arteriovenous Malformations. Chong, Lisa // International Student Journal of Nurse Anesthesia;Fall2012, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p14
The article presents case stud of a 48 year-old female suffering with Hemorrhagic hereditary telangiectasia (HHT) which is an autosomal dominant disorder and arteriovenous malformations (AVMs). It is stated that Clinical diagnosis of HHT is commonly established using the Curacao criteria. It...