Obama sparks an ideological donnybrook with his push to compare medical treatments
- Ethics/Regulatory. // CenterWatch Weekly;2/9/2015, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p3
The article reports that U.S. President Barack Obama's Precision Medicine Initiative on how to improve health and treat disease is proposed to launch with $215 million budget in 2016.
- India, Pak, Others On U.S. Drug List. // India -- West;10/22/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 48, pB7
The article reports on the inclusion of India as among those countries who has been identified by the U.S. President Barack Obama as a major drug transit or a major illicit drug-producing nation of the world.
- Comparative-effectiveness research funding stirs up debate. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;5/16/2009, Issue 578, p2
The article focuses on a debate arising from an initiative by the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama to provide $1.1 billion to support comparative-effectiveness research (CER) in the "New England Journal of Medicine." Doctors A. M. Garber and S. R. Tunis note the skepticism of the...
- Presidential directive addresses drug shortages, more action needed. // Endocrine Today;Dec2011, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p7
The article discusses the position statement made by the Endocrine Society regarding the executive order issued by U.S. President Barack Obama directing the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to take action to reduce prescription drug shortages.
- Week in Washington. // BioWorld Insight;10/15/2012, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p6
The article offers news briefs related to Washington, D.C. as of October 15, 2012 including a law signed by U.S. President Barack Obama related to drug crimes, release of guidance by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for sinusitis drug development and release of a report by the U.S....
- Presidential Determination on Major Illicit Drug Transit or Major Illicit Drug Producing Countries for Fiscal Year 2013. Obama, Barack // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;9/14/2012, Special section p1
The article presents a Presidential Determination on major illicit drug transit or major illicit drug producing countries for fiscal year 2013 by U.S. President Barack Obama. It mentions the countries identified by Obama as major drug transit and/or major illicit drug producing countries...
- Boiling Over: The Antimicrobial Stewardship Stew May Finally Be Ready. Hymes, Saul R.; Newland, Jason G. // Journal of the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society;Dec2015, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p394
A letter to the editor is presented discussing the increasing attention the federal government and the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama are paying to antibiotic resistance and the increasing danger it poses, citing the antimicrobial stewardship programs (ASPs) that have been working...
- Obama on solid ground. Finney, Karen // Hill;2/14/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p21
The article argues against the accomplishments made by U.S. President Barack Obama in February 2012 including his accommodation with the requirement of religious institutions to pay health plans, the role of government in a 21st century context, and on contraception use.
- Helping Americans on the Autism Spectrum Reach Their Full Potential. Jarrett, Valerie // Whitehouse Blog;2013, p264
A blog post about Brain Research Through Advancing Innovative Neurotechnologies (BRAIN), a research initiative designed to revolutionize understanding of the human brain, unveiled by U.S. President Barack Obama in April 2013, during the celebration of the World Autism Awareness Day, is presented.