Hierarchy of periodic solutions families of spatial Hill�s problem
- A Characteristic Exponent Test for the Cauchy Distribution. Mulligan, Robert F. // Atlantic Economic Journal;Dec2000, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p491
Focuses on the characteristic exponent test for the Cauchy distribution. Information on the Mandelbrot-Levy distributions; Characteristic function of a Mandelbrot-Levy random variable; Details on a technique introduced by Mandelbrot.
- Application of the Hill determinant method to the vibrational motion of diatomic molecules. Estr�n, Dar�o A.; Fern�ndez, Francisco M.; Castro, Eduardo A. // Journal of Chemical Physics;12/15/1987, Vol. 87 Issue 12, p7059
The Hill determinant method is shown to be useful in obtaining the eigenvalues of central-field systems with potentials that can be expanded in the Taylor series. Some model potentials for diatomic molecules are considered as illustrative examples.
- Family h of periodic solutions of the restricted problem for big �. Bruno, A. D.; Varin, V. P. // Solar System Research;Mar2009, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p158
The results of the computation of the family h of symmetric periodic solutions of the circular planar restricted three-body problem for � = 0.3, 0.4, and 0.5 are presented. This family begins with retrograde circular orbits around a massive body. Associated with each value of � are the table...
- Periodic orbits generated by Lagrangian solutions of the restricted three body problem when one of the primaries is an oblate body. Mittal, Amit; Ahmad, Iqbal; Bhatnagar, K. B. // Astrophysics & Space Science;Aug2008, Vol. 319 Issue 1, p63
We have studied periodic orbits generated by Lagrangian solutions of the restricted three body problem when one of the primaries is an oblate body. We have determined the periodic orbits for different values of �, h and A ( h is energy constant, � is mass ratio of the two primaries and A is...
- Local Existence for Inhomogeneous Schr�dinger Flow into K�hler Manifolds. Pang, Peter Y. H.; Wang, Hongyu; Wang, Youde // Acta Mathematica Sinica;2000, Vol. 16 Issue 3
Abstract in this paper we show that there exists a unique local smooth solution for the Cauchy problem of the inhomogeneous Schrodinger flow for maps from a compact Riemannian manifold M with dim(M) less than or equal to 3 into a compact Kahler manifold (N, J) with nonpositive Riemannian...
- Transformation Groups on White Noise Functionals and Their Applications. Chung, D.M.; Ji, U.C. // Applied Mathematics & Optimization;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p205
Abstract. In this paper we first construct a two-parameter transformation group G on the space of test white noise functionals in which the adjoints of Kuo's Fourier and Kuo's Fourier-Mehler transforms are included. Next we show that the group G is a two-dimensional complex Lie group whose...
- Bounds on elastic constants for random polycrystals of laminates. Berryman, James G. // Journal of Applied Physics;10/15/2004, Vol. 96 Issue 8, p4281
A well-known result due to Hill provides an exact expression for the bulk modulus of any multicomponent elastic composite whenever the constituents are isotropic and the shear modulus is uniform throughout. Although no precise analog of Hill�s result is available for the opposite case of...
- The Singular Set for the Composite Membrane Problem. Shahgholian, Henrik // Communications in Mathematical Physics;Mar2007, Vol. 271 Issue 1, p93
In this paper we study the behavior of the singular set for solutions u to the free boundary problem with $$f > 0$$ , f( x) + g( x) < 0, and $$f,g \in C^\alpha$$ . Such problems arise in an eigenvalue optimization for composite membranes. Here we show that if for a singular point $$z\in...
- On the Eigenvalues of Finitely Perturbed Laplace Operators in Infinite Cylindrical Domains. Grushin, V. V. // Mathematical Notes;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 75 Issue 3/4, p331
In this paper, sufficient conditions for the existence of eigenvalues of a finitely perturbed Laplace operator in an infinite cylindrical domain and their asymptotics in the small parameter are given. Similar questions for tubes, i.e., deformed cylinders, are also considered.