Prizes after a crisis
- Store mops up after flooding. // Cabinet Maker;11/22/2002, Issue 5314, p5
Reports on the effects of flood on the business performance of the furniture store Anderson and England in Morayshire, Scotland. Destruction of several furniture; Details on the total amount of the damage; Level of the water.
- Weathering the storms. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;11/03/2000, Issue 5212, p7
Comments on developments in the furniture industry in Great Britain, as of November 3, 2000. Silentnight's acquisition of Ducal; Effects of flooding on furniture retailers' businesses; Progress of the legal case involving Primback.
- Forecasting corn, sugar crop outlook in Midwest. // Candy Industry;Sep93, Vol. 158 Issue 9, p14
Reports on forecasts on the effect of the flooding of the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers on corn and sugar crops. Result of less corn planted; Threat due to late corn planting; Possible impact on the prices of corn syrups; Possible reduction in sugar crops; Possible influence on sugar prices.
- Experience pays off for flooded Europe. Burke, Justin // Christian Science Monitor;2/3/95, Vol. 87 Issue 48, p5
Reports on the flood situation in Netherlands, Germany and other parts of northwest Europe. Information on casualties and economic losses; Information on the 1993 flood in Germany.
- Midwest marketers rise above floodwaters. Dwyer, Steve // National Petroleum News;Sep93, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p16
Reports on Middle West petroleum marketers' assessments of the damages caused by the flooding of the Mississippi River. Attitude of marketers toward the catastrophe; Extent of damages; Safety measures practiced.
- The world. Hanson, Cynthia; Zipp, Yvonne // Christian Science Monitor;8/14/96, Vol. 88 Issue 182, p2
No abstract available.
- Nature gives area cabbies a welcome lift. Burton, Terri // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/12/95, Vol. 15 Issue 49, p17
Reports on the improvement in business enjoyed by taxicabs in New Orleans, Louisiana as a result of the floods that hit the state. Reason for the improvement; Comment by Sheryl Herbert, manager of Metry Cab; Reason for the increasing preference for taxicabs.
- Funds, managers fight the floods. Barr, Paul G. // Pensions & Investments;7/26/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p1
Reports on inconveniences suffered by pension fund and investment professionals in Des Moines, Iowa as Midwest rivers flooded their cities and towns. Lack of airconditioning; Working in shifts; Safety from fires; Problems in computer cooling systems.
- Flood delays food, crop losses hurting U.S. grain exports. Plume, Janet // Traffic World;8/2/93, Vol. 235 Issue 5, p27
Reports on the impact of the great flood of 1993 on crops and exports. Minimal domestic effect of crop losses; Expected shortage in grain for exports; Potential replanting problems of Midwestern farmers; Diversion of grain traffic by shippers; Costs shouldered by transportation and grain companies.