Price is only one factor, says Lord Kirkham
- The art of hard work. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;06/25/99, Issue 5143, p24
Profiles Sir Graham Kirkham, chairman of Great Britain's most profitable upholstery retailer, DFS. Entry into the business; Outlook about the business; Establishment of DFS; Family life; Business strategies. INSET: On the record.
- DFS loses bid in Hong Kong. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/21/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 95, p16
Reports that DFS, the world's largest operator of duty-free shops with a concentration in Pacific Rim markets, has lost its bid for two duty-free concessions at Hong Kong's new international airport.
- Yoga trick gives DFS OK! profile. // Cabinet Maker;3/29/2002, Issue 5280, p32
Focuses on the DFS profile in the OK! magazine. Presentation of contortionist in the advertisement; Context of the photo; Contention of the Cabinet Maker staff.
- Problems at DFS. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;05/01/98, Issue 5086, p1
Opinion. Provides an update on the status of the DFS business. Jon Massey and Ian Bownes' acquisition of DFS shares; Speculations on the collapse of the DFS company.
- DFS denies Scottish move. // Cabinet Maker;12/11/98, Issue 5118, p2
Focuses on furniture chain DFS Group Ltd.'s denial of plans to expand into Scotland.
- Over 2,300 apply for 14 jobs at Derry DFS. // Cabinet Maker;7/27/2012, Issue 5798, p10
The article reports that DFS Group Ltd. has received over 2,300 applications for 14 positions at its second outlet in Northern Ireland.
- Campaign Promotion in Association with PPA: PPA Advertising Awards 2013. // Campaign (UK);6/28/2013, p29
The article announces that advertising agency DFS Group Ltd. has won the PPA Advertising award.
- DFS owner to buy Lord Kirkham's debt interest. // Cabinet Maker;7/9/2010, Issue 5695, p9
The article reports on the plan of DFS Group Ltd., owner of Advent International, to buy out the last remaining debt interests of its founder Lord Graham Kirkham in Great Britain.
- Brennan named president of DFS Merchandising. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;01/21/99, Vol. 177 Issue 13, p18
Reports on Edward Brennan's appointment as president of DFS merchandising at DFS Group Ltd. Career history; Reporting duties; Additional responsibilities for DFS executives Bob Coe and James Hurley.