Men have no style, says survey
- Consumers drawn by the right colors. Hodnett, Cindy // Furniture/Today;6/3/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 40, p15
In this article, the author discusses the importance of choosing the right colors in the home furnishing industry in order to increase the sales and profits as consumers are drawn by the right colors.
- Mfrs.: Big if in interest rates. // Home Textiles Today;03/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p4
Focuses on the impact of an increase in interest rates on home goods suppliers in the United States. Minimal impact on the industry; Absence of a major change in the behavior of consumers; Ability of the home goods industry to weather out economic slumps.
- Buying decisions may depend on look, label. // Home Textiles Today;04/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p2
Explores whether today's customers in the United States are making their buying decisions based on the look or the label of home textiles. Retailers' concern about distribution channels for Martex and Springmaid brands; Existence of upscale and mass for differentiating brands.
- Customer service a knotty subject. // Furniture/Today;03/12/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p35
Discusses challenges involved in the customer service part of the home furnishings industry. How consumers see customer service as a given no matter how long they want to negotiate the price; Customers' willingness to pay extra for good customer service; Variations in consumer definitions of...
- Recession alters behavior. // Furniture/Today;3/15/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p18
The article reports on the results of the 2010 consumer survey which show that the recession has affected the behavior of consumers in purchasing home furnishings, in which they had preferred retailers with low prices and value pricing.
- EARLY NESTER Seeks stylish decor on meager means. Heller, Laura // DSN Retailing Today;12/16/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 23, p36
Describes the behavior of home furnishings consumers in the U.S. Availability of affordable home decor products; Age differences in spending trends; Impact of the trend on retailers. INSET: DEMO DATA DID YOU KNOW?.
- Study: Women outnumber men as Web users. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;09/11/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p26
Discusses a survey by Jupiter Communications and Media Metrix which shows that women outnumbered men as Internet users during the first quarter of 2000. Implications of the survey's findings for the home furnishings industry; Reasons why women go online; Factors that influence a woman's online...
- Bedding tops list of planned buys. Anderson, Kay; French, Dana // Furniture/Today;1/31/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p20
Presents a survey on the buying trends of consumers on home furnishings. Number of respondents; Scope and coverage; Target population.
- Looking from both sides of the fence. Phillips, David // Housewares;Oct2008, Issue 217, p7
The author reflects on the issue of being confronted by a panoply of products in the houseware industry in Great Britain. He commented that being confronted by a panoply of products is the stuff of life. He shared that he never felt drawn to envy the area beyond the dividing line that separates...