Lucky escape for firms after Bognor tornado
- Risk Atlas. Wade, Jared // Risk Management (00355593);May2013, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p18
In this article, the author focuses on loss faced by the U.S. from the year 1925 to 1953 in terms of both monetary and people lives due to occurrence of tornadoes.
- Dallas area surveys damage after tornadoes rip through. Hanks, Henry; Lavandera, Ed; Smith, Matt; Ford, Dana; Myers, Chad; Sutton, Joe; Todd, Brian // Fort Worth Business Press;4/9/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p31
The article reports on the damages brought by the tornadoes that hit northern Texas in April 2012.
- Tornado disaster--Texas, May 1997. Hobbs, J.; Bitts, J. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;11/14/1997, Vol. 46 Issue 45, p1069
Presents a summary of injuries and death associated with tornadoes on May 27, 1997 in Texas. Economic impact of the tornadoes; Population of towns struck by tornadoes and characteristics of injuries, damage and each tornado by location; Precautionary measures for persons in areas for which...
- Utah gift shops, media outlets cash in on twister. // Marketing News;09/13/99, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p14
Reports on the brisk sales and marketing for gift shops and media outlets which cash in on the August 11, 1999 twister that rampaged through the center of Salt Lake City, Utah. How media outlets are marketing the event; Comments from a shop owner.
- $500M Tornado Loss Seen. Levin, Amanda // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;05/10/99, Vol. 103 Issue 19, p1
Forecasts the cost of damages caused by tornadoes in Oklahoma and Kansas in 1999. Numerical data; Estimate of insured losses; Details on the damages and relief services.
- Violent start to tornado season. HOFMANN, MARK A. // Business Insurance;3/12/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p1
The article discusses the early peak of the tornado season in 2012 with more than 150 tornadoes from February 8 to March 3, 2012 in two distinct systems. According to Eqecat Inc. data, 2005-2011 averaged 123 tornadoes per year while total activity up to March 4, 2012 listed 272 tornadoes causing...
- They huddled in bathroom as home hit. WALKER, JAMES // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);6/18/2014, Vol. 141 Issue 25, p1A
The article discusses the damages left by a tornado on June 12, 2014 in Burnet, Texas which include the uprooted trees, knock down of power sources and damage houses.
- Insured storm loss may top $80 million. // Business Insurance;4/4/94, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p4
Estimates the property insurance claims from tornadoes that hit 12 counties in Georgia on March 27, 1994. Fatalities and injuries caused by the tornadoes; Business losses.
- May's Tornado Swarms May Be Costliest. Neuberger, Joe // American Banker;5/20/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 96, p6
Reports on losses incurred by insurers in the U.S. due to tornadoes that hit the country from May 2-11, 2003. Estimated amount of insured losses incurred due to these storms; Amount of claims filed for these losses; Number of tornadoes that hit the nation in the first ten days of May 2003.