- Focus DIA try new tactics. // Builders Merchants Journal;Jul2000, p6
Reports the plan of Focus Do It All company to acquire a seat in the board of Wickes in Great Britain. Previous efforts of Focus to bid for Wickes; Opposition of Bill Grimsey, chief executive of Wickes, to the plan; Business alternative to strengthen its position in the do-it-yourself market.
- Focus phase out Great Mills name. // Builders Merchants Journal;Jul2001, p7
Presents news briefs on the do-it-yourself product industry in Great Britain as of July 2001. Decision of Focus Do It All to rebrand Great Mills shed chain stores; Increase in the sales of Kingfisher for the first quarter of 2001; Plan of Topps Tiles to open tile centers in MFI stores;...
- Great Mills for sale. // Housewares;Aug2000, Issue 153, p39
Discloses that British do-it-yourself superstore chain Great Mills is up for sale, with Focus Do It All being seen as the most likely buyer.
- Rivals snap up Focus real estate. // DIY Week;2011 Retail Leaders Supplement, p31
The article focuses on the acquisition of 13 Focus stores for 8.4 million British pounds by do-it-yourself retail chain Wickes, following the appointment of administrators Ernst and Young.
- Focus Do It All to hold media pitch. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);5/17/2001, p2
Reports that British do-it-yourself retail company Focus Do It All will hold a media pitch for its Great Mills, Focus and Wickes brands. Total value of account; Names of agencies expected to join the pitch; Handling of creative account by BDH/TBWA.
- New Focus Do ItAll format features more housewares. // Housewares;Dec2000, Issue 155, p32
Reports on do-it-yourself chain Focus Do It All's opening of two pilot stores in Great Britain which feature a heavier emphasis on housewares.
- Focus DIY in Mansfield to close. // DIY Week;10/12/2007, Issue 5495, p03
This article announces the impending closure of a Focus DIY store in Mansfield, England as part of the new management's cull of underperforming branches. The closure of the store in 2008 will lead to the loss of sixteen jobs.
- Focus on the future. // DIY Week;10/16/2009, p10
An interview with Bill Grimsey, chief executive of Focus DIY, is presented. He says the chain is considering refurbishing some of its stores to test a new format. He explains that their Genesis project is based on consumer research about do-it-yourself (DIY) shopping behavior and store...
- Do CVAs reward failure? Parsons, Will // DIY Week;8/21/2009, p07
The author offers insight on the practice of corporate voluntary agreement (CVA) in the do-it-yourself industry (DIY). He views that retailer Focus DIY will be successful in its proposed CVA. He, however, questions about the fairness of CVAs when it comes to divesting itself of its unprofitable...