Canadian university students' perceptions of the practices that constitute "normal" sexuality for men and women
- PSYCHOMETRIC PROPERTIES OF ATTITUDES TOWARDS LESBIANS AND GAY MEN SCALE WITH CHINESE UNIVERSITY STUDENTS. WU, JOSEPH; KWOK, DIANA K. // Psychological Reports;Apr2012, Vol. 110 Issue 2, p521
The10-item Attitudes Towards Lesbian and Gay Men Scale was translated into traditional Chinese, with slight modification in item wordings (by replacing the words such as "lesbians" with "female homosexuals" and "gay men" with "male homosexuals"). Data were collected with a convenient sample of...
- PERCEPTIONS OF THE JACKSON-TIMBERLAKE SUPER BOWL INCIDENT: ROLE OF SEXISM AND EROTOPHOBIA. Gordon B. Forbes; Rebecca L. Jobe; Kay B. White; Raynette M. Richardson // Psychological Reports;Jun2005 Part 1, Vol. 96 Issue 3, p730
20l college women's and 179 men's impressions of the Jackson-Tim- berlake Super Bowl incident were related to measures of benevolent sexism, hostile sexism, and erotophobia. For both women and men high benevolent sexism was correlated (.17-.24) to perceptions that the incident was degrading and...
- OTHER VOICES. Larue, Gerald A. // Advocate;8/13/75, Issue 170, p18
Focuses on how gays should respond to religious arguments against homosexuality. Interpretation and attitudes and beliefs of Biblical writers; Explanation on the sexual purity of men; Consistency in arguments using religious text as basis.
- Sexual Orientation in United States and Canadian College Students. Ellis, Lee; Robb, Brian; Burke, Donald // Archives of Sexual Behavior;Oct2005, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p569
Based on a sample of nearly 8,000 college students, this study was undertaken to determine the prevalence of non-heterosexuality using four different measures of sexual orientation: a self-identity measure, an attraction measure, a fantasy measure, and an experiential measure. Over 97% of both...
- Correlates of Same-Sex Attractions and Behaviors Among Self-Identified Heterosexual University Students. Morales Knight, Luis; Hope, Debra // Archives of Sexual Behavior;Oct2012, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p1199
Few studies have focused on intragroup variations in sexual orientation and fewer on self-identified heterosexuals with same-sex attractions, fantasies, and/or behaviors. Self-identified heterosexual students at a large public midwestern university ( N = 263) completed measures of sexuality and...
- Our children. // Commonweal;11/21/97, Vol. 124 Issue 20, p6
Talks about the opinion of the faith community on homosexuality. When homosexuality is regarded as a sin; How the community treats a homosexual person.
- Washington, D.C. // Advocate;1/20/87, Issue 464, p24
Reports on the Unitarian Universalist Association's opposition against the Vatican's statement on homosexuality. Claim of the association that the statement demonstrated an 'astonishing arrogance' that threatens the well-being of gays; Controversy concerning the Vatican statement.
- What you do. Sullivan, Andrew // New Republic;3/18/96, Vol. 214 Issue 12, p6
Examines moral issues concerning the sexual acts of homosexuals. Opinion of political commentator Pat Buchanan on the issue; Loopholes in the teachings of the Catholic Church about sexual acts; Disparity in the outlook of people towards sex between infertile couples and sex between homosexuals;...
- SENSITIVITY AND INSENSIBILITY AT HARVARD. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Aug/Sep1992, Issue 25, p65
Comments on two stories featured in an issue of "Harvard Crimson," related to sex and religion concerning students of the Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Proposal of the Civil Liberties Union of Harvard to provide coed rooms to students; Suggestion of a tutor at Dunster House to...